Dogplie.com Search Engine

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Wayne R. Russ, May 12, 2004.

  1. Hello Everyone,

    My system appears to work fine in most every way except one. I can go to
    URL www.dogpile.com file and navigate around the site, but when I enter a
    search term and click their Go Fetch! button I can only get,

    The page cannot be displayed

    I get the same when trying to search their Yellow pages and White pages.
    I can search all other search engines, but I like their hits better. I go to
    my secondary backup Windows 95 system and www.dogpile.com works fine.

    Can anyone think of any reason this might be happening to this one
    particular site all of a sudden ? It used to work. Can/Would anyone Please
    suggest some solutions that might solve the problem ?

    All input is Greatly Appreciated,

    Wayne R. Russ

    Windows 98
    PII 450 Mhz.
    256 MB RAM
    20 GB HD
    I.E. 6.0
    O.E. 6

    Wayne R. Russ, May 12, 2004

  2. Wayne R. Russ

    ric Guest

    Hmmm...working fine for me with:

    Windows 98
    PII 266 MHz
    192 MB RAM
    5.6 GB HD
    IE 6.0

    What are you searching for? Does it work at Google?

    ric, May 12, 2004

  3. Wayne R. Russ

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Perhaps your firewall is blocking you, on some search engines they need to
    put cookies on your computer to function properly.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, May 12, 2004

  4. As an experimental term I used

    NBC News

    Dogpile did not work, but Google did work. :)

    Wayne R. Russ, May 12, 2004
  5. Thank You for the suggestion LJ, but I disabled my Firewall and tried
    Dogpile and it still failed. Such is the life with computers. :-|

    Wayne R. Russ, May 12, 2004