    seems) for x64 SP2.

    Anyone know why? Do any other updates include it?

    Thanks.

    Guest, Jun 29, 2006

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    It´s not included in SP2.
    Don´t know why.

    --
    Asus P5WDG2-WS (i975X Express)
    P4 3.73 GHz EE
    RAPTOR 2x150 GB RAID 0 (ICH7R)
    2GB [email protected]
    GeForce 7800GTX (91.31)
    Samsung 24"
    Enermax 660W [email protected]+12V
    5049 3DMarks 06
    LAN 100/100

    Guest, Jun 30, 2006

  3. Guest

    Rick Guest

    I can't tell you why KB893056 isn't in x64 SP2,
    but the Hibernate feature is available by
    pressing the <Shift> key after selecting "Turn
    off computer."

    The "Stand By" label will change to "Hibernate"
    if you have Hibernate enabled.

    Rick, Jun 30, 2006
  4. I know this, but adding the hibernate (which is my default shutdown mode),
    allows everyone else in the house to shut it down this way, rather than me
    explaining to press shift, then hibernate.

    A well handy KB, which does not seem to be available in x64 flavour :-(

    Mark Gillespie, Jul 1, 2006

  5. A curious followup. Installed a new Dell laptop for a relative today, and
    noticed this KB installed by default on the Dell laptop. it seems even
    the OEM's are installing this one by default now. Even stranger the
    missing x64 version.

    Has anyone even found out if Microsoft supply this KB as a x64 version?

    Mark Gillespie, Jul 5, 2006
  6. Hello Mark,
    No this hotfix does not exist for x64 versions.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    <Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 00:56:01 +0100
    <Subject: Re: Does x64 SP2 include KB893056?