    (free) been known to work well with Windows 2000, or is some other
    free firewall a better recommendation?

    Thanks for your help.

    wylbur37, Sep 29, 2005

  2. wylbur37

    Art Guest

    My personal preference is Sygate. It definitely works well on Win 2K.

    Art

    http://home.epix.net/~artnpeg
    Free antivirus:
    http://www.ik-cs.com/programs/virtools/KASFX.EXE
    http://www.claymania.com/KASFX.EXE
    http://tinyurl.com/azzkc

    Art, Sep 29, 2005

  3. Use ZA, but please support them by registering and paying.

    Rich Greenberg, Sep 29, 2005
  4. wylbur37

    why? Guest

    big x-post killed from
    microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.win2000,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.os.windows2000
    24hoursupport.helpdesk
    no follow ups were set.

    No , which is a very good thing.
    Wouldn't expect to see any problems.

    Have used Kerio / Tiny in the past, each PC had a different product
    which made things interesting.

    Maybe Google for , free firewall reviews, gives you links like
    http://www.firewallguide.com/software.htm

    Paid for Outpost has been very good
    http://www.agnitum.com/

    I have tried several free products but much prefer support for paid
    products.

    Me

    why?, Sep 29, 2005
  5. wylbur37

    Chuck Guest

    Windows 2000 does not come with a built in firewall. I use Zone Alarm.

    Chuck, Sep 29, 2005
  6. Rich Greenberg rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    They have a free version as well as sygate firewall

    Black Baptist, Nov 28, 2005
  7. wylbur37

    Rick Smith Guest

    Rick Smith, May 31, 2006