    will include the attend.txt file in the shared folder on
    server in the command line).

    Thanks

    mallybee, Sep 12, 2003

  2. mallybee

    Dragon Guest

    Depending on what type of installation it is, an unatended installation can
    be from a CD, from a network drive or any number of other ways. Unattend
    means that you will not need to answer the questions during the installation
    which you have already provided in the config files

    HTH.

    Dragon, Sep 12, 2003

  3. mallybee

    ITPro_DLM Guest

    You run the command from each workstation. The command
    should point to the location of winnt.exe or winnt32.exe.

    Note: There are switches to the command, such
    as /unattend:%AnswerFile% /udf:%CompterName% ...etc., that
    are made when doing an unattended install. You must know
    those as well.

    ITPro_DLM
    MCSE/MCSE 2000

    ITPro_DLM, Sep 13, 2003
  4. mallybee

    mally Guest

    Thanks for your help

    The answer what i was looking for was do you run the
    command from the server or each workstation.

    Thanks again

    mally, Sep 13, 2003
  5. mallybee

    ITPro_DLM Guest

    Look at it this way... if you ran the "command" from the
    server, then you would be installing on the server.
    Likewise with each workstation.

    ITPro_DLM, Sep 14, 2003