    2003. Does a MCSE candidate who does 70-292 therefore get MCSA on 2003 as
    well? If not can you do (if you so desired) 70-218 after the 70-292 and get
    MCSA at both levels?

    ffoeg, Jun 24, 2006

  2. ffoeg

    Garth H Guest

    MCSA is an MCSE that without the planning and deployment exams.

    Garth H, Jun 24, 2006

  3. The title of exam 292 is "... for an MCSA certified on Windows 2000", so
    you're propably not allowed to take 292 if you don't already have achieved
    MCSA2000.
    As I understand it: You can use 292 as a upgrade path for MCSE to 2003 if
    you already have achieved MCSA2000, otherwise you nead to take 290+291 or
    first take 218 and then go for 292.

    Henrik Johansson, Jun 25, 2006
  4. ffoeg

    ffoeg Guest

    ffoeg, Jun 25, 2006
  5. Sorry, I missed that line.
    As it's available for you, it sounds like you'll get MCSA in the same run.
    As written in the #CREDIT-section of the prep-guide, it gives core credit
    toward MCSA2003.

    Henrik Johansson, Jun 27, 2006
  6. Henrik Johansson, Jun 27, 2006
  7. ffoeg

    ffoeg Guest

    Simple answer is yes refer FAQs
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/faq.asp

    Q. According to the upgrade requirements, if I am an MCSE on Windows 2000,
    I must pass the MCSA upgrade exam in addition to the MCSE upgrade exam. Why
    is the MCSA upgrade exam necessary?

    A. The Windows Server 2003 upgrade exam for MCSAs covers a direct subset of
    the job tasks that are included in typical MCSE skills. The skills tested by
    the MCSA upgrade exam are expected to be part of an MCSE's job tasks.

    Q. If I am an MCSE on Windows 2000 and upgrade to MCSE on Windows Server
    2003, will I automatically become certified as an MCSA on Windows Server
    2003?

    A. Yes. Exam 70-292: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server
    2003 Environment for an MCSA Certified on Windows 2000 is part of the
    upgrade path for an MCSE on Windows 2000. It includes objectives that
    validate the skills set of an MCSA on Windows Server 2003.

    Regards

    ffoeg, Jun 29, 2006