    askew.

    Or, perhaps, >who< would've imagined our retired police lieutenant
    ("Savageduck"), to look like a hippy freak?

    John Turco, Aug 18, 2011

  2. RichA

    John Turco Guest

    Why did you cut my above question, but, spare its attribution?
    That's very amusing. You're also guilty of deceptive editing,
    which you've accused others of doing (e.g., "Mxsmanic").

    John Turco, Aug 18, 2011

  3. Editing mistake.

    Why do you add spurious, superflous ">"'s to most, but not
    all attribution lines?
    And very true.
    Only if it was to deceive. How would the meaning of my answer
    be changed in any way by adding/removing your question?

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Sep 3, 2011
  4. RichA

    John Turco Guest

    Aha! Hey, Peter Newman, ya gotta see this...Wolfgang Weisselberg just
    made a public admission of error.

    Actually, I'm a bit crushed. Der Wolfman's infallibility has always
    been among the main tenets of Western Civilization, and his recent
    revelation may cause worldwide upheaval.
    That's simply my way of improving attributions; it does away with
    the need for score cards.
    You wouldn't lie, would ya?
    My inquiry involved whether your occupation is photography-related.
    (Note the name of this newsgroup, please.)

    John Turco, Sep 16, 2011
  5. And I'm sorry, too.
    China's just said it won't bail out the EU and the US just
    like that (even if one stopped talking about human rights).

    Why don't you apply it evenly, then, and why must you insist
    on your own special 'improvements', which are as good as
    square wheels?

    Why should I? It's true.

    And the answer should be enough to tell you that.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Sep 17, 2011
  6. RichA

    John Turco Guest

    You're forgiven, just this once.
    Those inscrutable rascals!
    I "apply" it, wherever it's needed. If you'll notice, my actions
    leave no doubt about who wrote what.

    Naturally, it's merely the type of considerate and conscientious
    person I am. I always try to leave everything, in better condition
    that I found it. Litter in parking lots and public rest rooms, is
    often picked up and disposed of properly, by yours truly.

    Why, only last month (September 2011), some crass youths tossed
    an empty beer bottle into the middle of the street, in front of
    our yard. I heard it shatter, and promptly swept up the broken
    glass.
    If a liar says he's lying, should he be believed?
    Except, your original reply omitted my question.

    John Turco, Oct 27, 2011
  7. And the Earth is flat and the Moon's made out of cheese.
    I left your result uncorrected: as you can see, it's
    confusing.

    That's an excuse for leaving behind broken unicode characters
    and incorrect attributions?

    Wow --- a real hero!

    Irrelevant.

    If you want to call me a liar, do so, then my lawyer can contact
    your lawyer.

    If not, stop the smoke grenades.

    And that deceived someone?

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Oct 29, 2011
  8. RichA

    John Turco Guest

    You're readily befuddled, then.
    Why do you do those things, Wolfman?
    Damned right! So, where's my medal? I demand nothing less than the
    Iron Cross, itself.

    (Okay...I'll settle for a "Win with Wilkie" button, if you insist.)
    It was a trick question, anyway.
    Just horsin' around; don't sweat it, dog.
    Deceptive or not, it was sloppy editing on your part.

    John Turco, Nov 12, 2011
  9. No, you're quoting badly. Fix yer darn software! Or use
    something that works!

    Because you need to be told off. I'm tired of fixing your badly
    indented attributes and broken non-ascii-chars. If you cannot
    handle your software, it's like you being unable to drive your car:
    either you learn how to or you stop driving.

    You'll get an Irony Crossed Wire.

    That's why it's irrelevant.

    Calling a cat a dog usually causes scratched faces.

    For which I apologise.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Dec 2, 2011
  10. RichA

    John Turco Guest

    Nay, I say! Give me Netscape "Communicator" (version 4.8), or give me
    death.
    It looks quite legible, to me. (Your vaunted German optics industry
    can't provide you with adequate eyeglasses, Herr Burgerflipper?)
    I don't drive (or drink, either).
    Did that come from a "Crackerjacks" box, by any chance?
    You're irrelevant, alas.
    You must have some smart felines, in Germany...why, they
    even understand English!
    How modest of you, for a change.

    John Turco, Dec 22, 2011
  11. The latter can be arranged. Please pay $100.000 for an operative
    and commission fees. Travel and other expenses extra.

    Your adding spurious '>'s to the attribution lines (and I fixed
    it *again*) doesn't mean *I* need eyeglasses. It means you need
    to be thwapped with a wet carpet till you bleed.

    OK, but why don't you handle your software?

    Nope. That comes from an old, rotting, smelly, broken,
    unpleasant, unsupportive, unneeded, unnecessary,
    unconsiderate, unwanted "Netcarve Discommunicator".

    Of course I am, that's why everybody listens to me-

    We have some ferrocious and smart felines. With rather
    sharp claws.

    "for a change"?

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Jan 18, 2012