    i am wondering if i buy routers 1800 series would them support all i
    need in routing for CCIE exam.

    Thanx,,,,,,,,,,

    cisco_crazy, Jul 1, 2009

  2. cisco_crazy

    Guest Guest

    most labs are built with 2600's and 7200's.. so 1800 should cover you
    pretty well. I would recommend getting the latest copy of a practise
    exam and just see what they ask and see if it will support it all
    before you go and spend $$$.

    Flamer.

    Guest, Jul 2, 2009

  3. cisco_crazy

    cisco_crazy Guest

    thanx,,,,,,,,,

    cisco_crazy, Jul 2, 2009
  4. I think the 1800 is a good buy for that. Its modern, supports tons of
    RAM and Flash for running the latest images, and supports a pretty
    good set of cards (even some of the older ones that aren't supported).

    It won't get you all the way for a CCIE VOICE, but by that time,
    you'll probably be renting test rackspace for that since the gear is
    pretty expensive to buy.

    If you are doing CCIE R & S, you'll need at least 3-4 routers, but you
    can use dynamips for the others. Having hands on experience with at
    least one router is very good experience.

    Doug McIntyre, Jul 2, 2009