Does PROXPN hide your identity?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Roky, Feb 16, 2012.

  1. Roky

    Roky Guest

    I installed free version of ProXPN which is supposed I think to hide
    your identity and give you 100kps speed.
    I used a new email account there. I installed the software and
    rebooted the PC.

    http://proxpn.com/download.php

    What I found is:
    1. Nothing would upload or download on Utorrent.
    2. When I went to Demonoid.me or AboveTopSecret
    from a link I got from Google NOT my bookmarks, I was logged
    into my account just the same as if I wasnt using ProXPN.

    So if those sights knew my identity then how could I be anonymous?

    Did I do something wrong?
    I want to be able to go any sight and download or upload without being
    traced back, is this possible?

    Thanks for any help.
    Roky

    What proXPN does...

    upgrades your internet connection with VPN encryption
    secures all types of connections from DSL and cable to 3G
    gives you 100% private access to the internet
    get an IP address in the USA, UK, or NL

    With proXPN nobody* can...

    see the websites you visit
    hijack your passwords, credit cards, or banking details
    intercept and spy on your email, IMs, calls, or anything else
    record your web history
    run traces to find out where you live

    Roky, Feb 16, 2012