    I'm thinking that Photoshop Elements is a deduced feature version of
    Photoshop.

    Regards Brian

    Brian, Aug 29, 2005

  2. Brian

    dylan Guest

    worth a look...

    http://graphicssoft.about.com/b/a/170508.htm

    dylan, Aug 29, 2005

  3. Brian

    Jim Guest

    Almost. The last time I looked, Elements did not contain the curve tool.
    That is one feature that I use whenever it will do the job best.
    I have the impression from reading posts on this newgroup that Elements does
    not provide as many tools for gamut control, and I need to be able to
    specify profiles for the montor, the workspace, the scanner, and the
    printer.
    If you meant "reduced", the answer is yes. However, most of the left out
    features don't impact photographers much.
    Jim

    Jim, Aug 29, 2005
  4. Brian

    Bill Hilton Guest

    If a person owns Photoshop then would he still need Photoshop
    No, not if they know how to use Photoshop.
    Some things are simplified in Elements so it's easier for a beginner to
    do them in a push-button fashion (kind of like the so-called "idiot
    modes" on Canon consumer dSLRs) and there's an image orgainizer that's
    OK but other than that ... here's a quote from the article I link to
    below ... "Photoshop Elements also offers some features that are not
    available in Photoshop such as the cookie cutter tool, Quick Fix mode,
    and the Photo Organizer."
    Change "deduced" to "reduced" and you've got it ... here's an article
    that lists many of the differences ...
    http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshop/f/elementscompare.htm ...
    Elements is fine for a beginner or intermediate level graphics program
    but if you are already using Photoshop there's little point in using
    Elements.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Aug 29, 2005
  5. I also read the dock-able toolbar is something only Elements 3 has. What
    took them so long?

    I installed E3 but it's quite different than 2 so I have yet to figure it
    out - a lot of wizards and dumbed-downed things it seemed at first blush.
    But the RAW support has to be nice - I'm using CS but hope to try E3 soon.

    Dave R knows who, Aug 29, 2005
  6. Brian

    wavelength Guest

    One thing that CS2 has that I know Elements3 does not have is the High
    Dynamic Range tool.

    I've not used HDR, but I'd love to see the effects. Basically, you can
    take 7 shots exposed a stop apart and get a full properly exposed shot
    out of them. Highly useful for outdoors and landscapes. They have to be
    tripod shots of course.

    Saw a write up in Outdoor Photographer about, before and afters were
    awesome.

    Anyone have any shots to post or comments about HDR?

    wavelength, Aug 29, 2005