    Does the Nikon SB-80DX support TTL with the Nikon 5700? I say yes, but a
    couple of threads back two people said no. According to the manual, the
    5700 does NOT support auto zoom, but does support TTL. Any advice.

    John, Mar 11, 2006

  2. No, read the manual again, specifically p138 Using an External Speedlight:

    Set the external Speedlight flash mode to TTL.
    At this setting, the amount of light produced by the external Speedlight
    is measured by the camera’s photocell, and the flash shooting range
    adjusted automatically to ensure optimal exposure. D-TTL flash control
    (available with the SB-80DX, SB-50DX and SB-28DX) is not supported.

    While you are setting TTL on the external flash, the exposure "is measured
    by the camera’s photocell", this is NOT true TTL (Through The Lens).

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Mar 11, 2006