    The first dialer/ATM interface work without a hiccup. Service on both WICs
    is from BT Wholesale resellers, so can't see why there should be in any
    difference in behaviour.

    alexd, Mar 25, 2009

  2. alexd

    bod43 Guest

    I don't know if the interface counters will increment
    however the cell counters in sh dsl int will, I would
    think.

    Cells: 18485248 0 105869985 0

    Hmmm. There may be ATM management stuff going on
    so it might be hard to work out.

    Does the WIC have TX/RX lights. 877 routers do.

    While you are there check the noise margins.
    I forget, I think 6dB is the min.
    Noise Margin: 11.0 dB 13.0 dB

    You could reasonably easily check if there is a bug/hardware
    problem in the router by swapping the configuration and
    physical lines between the two interfaces and
    see if the problem follows.

    You will only have to swap over the "dialer pool-member x"
    indices, I suspect.

    If you have old software consider an upgrade.

    What version do you have?

    e.g post the equivalent -
    sh ver
    Cisco IOS Software, C870 Software
    (C870-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T7,
    RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

    bod43, Mar 25, 2009

  3. alexd

    alexd Guest

    Running 1841 Software (C1841-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version 12.4(22)T, but I've
    logged a case with TAC now and will post the outcome.

    alexd, Mar 26, 2009
  4. alexd

    bod43 Guest

    My view is that the problem is most likely in the the
    service provider, I have seen similar issues several
    times. I would try swapping round between the interfaces
    as suggested since this will provide hard information.

    There may of course be a bug that TAC find. Not all bugs are
    available to users:-(

    bod43, Mar 27, 2009
  5. alexd

    alexd Guest

    That was my initial suspicion, but like I said, why would a reload ever fix
    this? Is there anyway to simulate a 'reload' for just one interface?

    alexd, Mar 27, 2009
  6. Unplug cable from this interface and plug it back?

    Regards,
    Andrey.

    Andrey Tarasov, Mar 27, 2009
  7. alexd

    bod43 Guest

    Also:-

    conf t
    int dialer x
    shut ! Maybe wait a few seconds if you like.
    no shut

    can also try

    int atm x ! I think either this or dialer will likely work

    Shorter but does not always seem to work:-
    from exec mode (no conf t needed)

    clear int dialer x
    or
    clear int atm x

    bod43, Mar 27, 2009
  8. alexd

    alexd Guest

    Alas it's remote so it's not an option [yet].
    Sorry, should have mentioned I've tried both of these, to no avail.
    I'll give that a shot.

    alexd, Mar 27, 2009
  9. alexd

    bod43 Guest

    Ah! Well that suggests to me that you might have some
    problem with the router.

    I don't resally know much about DSL technology
    however I would try leaving a few mins between the
    shut and no shut.

    Definately try swapping the lines over between the cards.
    It probably won't work since shut/no is 'stronger'.
    No I don't understand it really.

    What about noise margin? Line errors?

    post sh dsl int

    bod43, Mar 27, 2009
  10. alexd

    bod43 Guest

    Here is how I would approach this.

    1.
    Check over the sh dsl int for anomalies
    Post here if you like.

    2.
    Try swapping lines over between the two interfaces.
    Change config as previously mentioned - 1 line per int.

    If problem follows the line then get on to your provider.

    If problem stays with the same WIC and slot:

    Switch to non-"T" software. You should ony use T if
    you need the additional latest and greatest features.

    Use 12.4(21a) or 22 mainline (guessing;) - no funny letters.

    e.g. c1841-advsecurityk9-mz.124-22.bin

    Test.

    Try loading the latest DSL software if it is appropriate.
    Check release notes carefully to make sure they apply
    to your hardware. Post WIC part numbers of in doubt.

    ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/access/800/
    Firmware_Download_Readme_3_0_10.doc

    Test.

    3.
    I suppose you could try swapping the WICs over
    to see if the problem follows. I have heard
    rumours of counterfeit WICs too.

    bod43, Mar 27, 2009