Does Free software make sense? URL provided.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mr Undeniably Sluttish, Dec 11, 2005.

  1. Mr Undeniably Sluttish, Dec 11, 2005

  2. Mr Undeniably Sluttish

    Alhambra Guest

    Shame on me, but I write software for money.
    Am I going to hell?

    -A

    Alhambra, Dec 11, 2005

  3. Mr Undeniably Sluttish

    thing2 Guest

    Alhambra wrote:
    > Shame on me, but I write software for money.
    > Am I going to hell?
    >
    > -A

    Nope it is all about freedom, you are free to sell your code if you so wish.

    In effect the OSS does not write software for free, it is simply a
    collective work. Rather than being paid in $ for my bit, then having to
    buy the other bits to get a complete operating system, I get paid in
    code, so I guess worst case its tax avoidance....

    So actually I guess I should expect the IRD knocking on my door...(I
    believe some Tax dept somewhere actually made a comment on this (UK?)
    that they would like to collect on OSS).

    regards

    Thing

    thing2, Dec 11, 2005