    supporting E1-R2
    with MICA modems, If I want to operate it under E1-SS7, does I need to
    change anything in the hardware or is it software matter only ?

    kh, Jul 12, 2003

  2. If you want to do SS7 to the AS5300, you won't need to change
    the hardware, outside of possibly a memory upgrade necessary
    to support the software upgrade.

    You WILL need an SS7 gateway (signaling controller) that can
    terminate the SS7 signaling link from the PSTN and that can
    gateway that to the Q.931-in-UDP (or MGCP, or whatever)
    signaling to control the calls on the E1 IMTs.

    Here are some URLs that may help:

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/sc/r2/6011.htm
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vcallcon/index.html
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...ts_getting_started_guide09186a008007e0a7.html

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Hi
    ~ I have an access server AS5300 with E1 module "8 ports" which

    Aaron Leonard, Jul 15, 2003