    decent printer, but you can't blame a guy for trying! Besides, other
    than the color calibration, it's worked fine for 5 years now - not bad
    for a cheapie...)

    not really me, Jul 25, 2004

  2. It is best to match the printer and the monitor. There are several ways to
    do it. Some depend on rather costly devices to map the monitor output.
    That is great for professional work, but not needed by most of us. The
    topic has been discussed often in this NG. Look in google groups. Also,
    some image editing programs include software for the purpose. But none that
    I know of are sophisticated enough to automatically do what you ask for.
    Paint Shop Pro has an automatic photo enhancement applet that does a pretty
    good job, though I often have to touch up its result.

    Marvin Margoshes, Jul 26, 2004