    doesn't have an answer phone.

    Cheers

    Andy

    Andy Davies, May 30, 2007

  2. Andy Davies

    Paul Hayes Guest

    I assume you want an answering machine just for your PSTN line?

    I think the best solution at the moment would be a Siemens C460IP or
    S450IP (which has multiple SIP registrations and multiple calls) and a
    plain-old answering machine. Then use a splitter on the PSTN line,
    connect one wire to the PSTN input on the Siemens phone and the other to
    the answering machine.

    I'm not aware of any DECT IP phone which has an answering machine
    built-in at this time.

    cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul Hayes, May 30, 2007

  3. They are nice - having a bit of trouble getting hold on them in the UK
    right now, but Siemens have assured me they've not end of lined them!

    A 3-box solution would be an ATA, with BT & Ethernet connections on
    the outside and standard single analogue socket on the inside, then a
    splitter going to a stand-alone answering machine and a separate DECT
    base station - or use a combined DECT Base + Answering machine for a
    2-box solution... But still much spaghetti though...

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, May 30, 2007
  4. Andy Davies

    Andy Davies Guest

    Ideally I'd like a single answering machine that covers both the PSTN
    and the VoIP lines

    Yeh, that was my conclusion after having a look around.

    Thanks

    Andy

    Andy Davies, May 30, 2007
  5. Andy Davies

    Tim Guest

    But it is in Siemens' road map. Whether there will be a UK variant,
    and whether it is ever going to happen, I don't know.

    Tim

    Tim, May 30, 2007
  6. Whatever you choose make sure that your new box is compatible with BTs new
    generation of exchanges vide http://www.switchedonuk.org/home/ switched-on
    will move the BT's network technology to a system based on Internet Protocol
    technology, also known as IP etc. Otherwise you will join the hapless
    purchasers of current DAB radios which will be useless for the new planned
    transmission protocol!!
    See http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/
    Bob

    Bob Templeman, May 30, 2007
  7. Recently, Gordon Henderson popped out over the fence
    around uk.telecom.voip and said...
    |In article <>,
    |>Our dect system is on it's last legs and I'm looking for things to
    |>replace it with.
    |>
    |>Ideally I'd like an all-in-one box that's cordless can connect to the
    |>PSTN, a VoIP service and has an answering machine build in too, but I
    |>can't find one - do they exist?
    |>
    |>I've seem the Siemens C460 range which looks nice but of course
    |>doesn't have an answer phone.
    |
    |They are nice - having a bit of trouble getting hold on them in the UK
    |right now, but Siemens have assured me they've not end of lined them!
    |
    |A 3-box solution would be an ATA, with BT & Ethernet connections on
    |the outside and standard single analogue socket on the inside, then a
    |splitter going to a stand-alone answering machine and a separate DECT
    |base station - or use a combined DECT Base + Answering machine for a
    |2-box solution... But still much spaghetti though...
    |
    |Gordon

    Siemens C460 or S460 plus their C46 / S46 additional handsets available
    here, how many do you want? :)

    ßødincµs²°°°, May 30, 2007
  8. Andy Davies

    alexd Guest

    That's an interesting comment. It's not like the UK is massively behind the
    rest of Europe in terms of broadband penetration, so why do you think that
    might be the case? Surely they'll just turn up on eBay anyway if there's
    demand?

    alexd, May 30, 2007
  9. Email me or let me know your website address. My email is valid.

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, May 30, 2007
  10. Andy Davies

    Hongtian Guest

    I suggest following solution:
    (1) Use an ATA to connect your PSTN, answer machine to SIP server.
    (2) Put these lines, both PSTN and VOIP, and answer machine to the
    same ring group.

    Then, when receive an incoming call, all of them will ring and your
    answer machine can answer the call.

    miniSipServer is a software based SIP server, it can provide ring
    group service.

    Have a try.

    Hongtian, May 31, 2007
  11. Andy Davies

    Tim Guest

    The minimum order quantities are quite large. Therefore you have to be
    really sure a product is going to fly before committing what is a large
    amount of cash.

    Tim

    Tim, Jun 1, 2007
  12. Andy Davies

    Andy Davies Guest

    That's the type of spaghetti I'm trying to avoid :)

    I know it's not available in the UK, but has anyone any views on the
    Siemens C455IP?

    Apart from the clunky looking handsets it appears to do what I want.

    Cheers

    Andy

    Andy Davies, Jun 1, 2007
  13. Andy Davies

    LVMarc Guest

    Andy,

    there is a great device that will take inputs fro both the voip and pstn
    lines, and combine them onto a single line automatically. there are
    extra break out jack out(surge protected, too.

    link here
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=300117869203&rd=1&rd=1

    this way you can use all your single line equipment and get two line
    (pstn pstn) or Pstn voip) all automatically swtiched to one point. then
    your exsitng low cost equipment can do it all!

    Marco

    LVMarc, Jun 7, 2007
  14. Andy Davies

    Ed Straker Guest

    I think it would be a good idea to state that you are the seller of
    this item. The way that you have pointed out this 'great find' stinks
    of spam to me.

    Ed.

    Ed Straker, Jun 8, 2007