does anyone know the name of this colorful volcano lake?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by sobriquet, Oct 6, 2007.

  1. sobriquet

    sobriquet Guest

    sobriquet, Oct 6, 2007

  2. Chris Gilbert, Oct 6, 2007

  3. John McWilliams, Oct 6, 2007
  4. sobriquet

    sobriquet Guest

    sobriquet, Oct 6, 2007
  5. John Ferguson, Oct 6, 2007
  6. sobriquet

    jmc Guest

    Suddenly, without warning, Chris Gilbert exclaimed (10/6/2007 6:59 PM):
    Hey, that's my college! And yes, that's Grand Prismatic Spring in
    Yellowstone. Technically it is part of a volcano, as most of
    Yellowstone is a tremendous caldera. There's an article about that on
    the same page. Just hope it doesn't happen in our lifetime, or our
    nearby property is likely to end up out in Kansas or something...

    jmc

    jmc, Oct 7, 2007