    connect to.

    Are there such phones around? I didn't have much luck in finding anything
    decent.

    elziko, Feb 18, 2009

  2. elziko

    elziko Guest

    Sorry i should have made it clear that all accounts need to be connected at
    *the same time*!

    elziko, Feb 18, 2009

  3. I doubt there is such a device avalable.

    Good luck.

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Feb 18, 2009
  4. Best I can think of is some kind of PDA with appropriate software installed.
    Does the normal Skype client allow you to connect to two Skype accounts at
    once?

    Theo

    Theo Markettos, Feb 18, 2009
  5. elziko

    Brian A Guest

    I share the same doubts as Gordon.
    If you are technically apt you probably can achieve what you want to
    do but it will take a lot of setting up. You would need a computer,
    switched on, to run some software.
    First you would have a standard SIP ATA working with a standard
    cordless phone set. The task then is to interface Skype with the ATA
    by connecting to its IP on the appropriate port.
    Running on Ubuntu Linux I have experimented with Skype/SIP interface
    software such as SIPtheeSkype and SIPtoSis. It is also necessary to
    install and run a Java Skype client for each of your Skype accounts.
    I have suceeded in being able to dial out to Skype contacts from my
    handset. I have also got my handset to ring on an incoming Skype calls
    ands to display the caller's username on the handset.
    I have a Ubuntu Linux machine running MythTV so I need that computer
    switched on anyway so it might as well do other jobs and SIP/Skype
    interface is one. The experiment is on-going and not at the point
    where I can publish details.

    References from mhspot.com:
    http://www.mhspot.com/sts/siptosis_download.php
    http://tinyurl.com/bsk3a4

    Brian A, Feb 18, 2009
  6. elziko

    elziko Guest

    Thanks for all the replies - it looks iek I'm asking for too much. What if I
    lowered the bar?

    Does anyone know of a phone that will be connected to a single Skype account
    and a single SIP account at the same time?

    I already have Fring on my WM Phone but I wan't something a little more
    'home phone' like and that people can use when I'm not at home.

    Thanks!

    elziko, Feb 18, 2009