Does anyone know MSDTC

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Wilson, Nov 24, 2003.

  1. Never forget, we're here to help.
    then no more dirty words, OK?

    NEW NAME, OLD GUY, Nov 25, 2003

  2. Wilson

    Consultant Guest

    there is no fight. im on your side

    Consultant, Nov 25, 2003

  3. Wilson

    Consultant Guest

    tis true

    Consultant, Nov 25, 2003
  4. Wilson

    Jtyc Guest

    then no more dirty words, OK?

    I don't use profanity. I find it disgusting and it lacks a certain panache.

    Jtyc, Nov 25, 2003
  5. Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\), Nov 25, 2003
  6. Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\), Nov 25, 2003
  7. Wilson

    Consultant Guest

    i am the real consultant. it is just not my birth name. never doubt, my
    friend

    Consultant, Nov 25, 2003
  8. Wilson

    Consultant Guest

    Consultant, Nov 25, 2003
  9. Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\), Nov 25, 2003
  10. Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\), Nov 25, 2003
  11. Wilson

    Brat Guest

    I figured it was a mistake but my point stands... he judges us all based on
    his illgotten information. The point is, we are all not perfect but it is
    our right to be judged based on our own actions not on those of others or
    what someone may think those others do (right or wrong).

    Brat, Nov 25, 2003
  12. Wilson

    Jtyc Guest

    Nevermind--you are still trying for that spanking from Sue.

    Dare to dream.

    Jtyc, Nov 25, 2003
  13. Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\), Nov 25, 2003
  14. Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\), Nov 25, 2003
  15. Wilson

    Brat Guest

    ok this just sucks... I am not getting half of the posts lately...

    Brat, Nov 25, 2003
  16. Some people may be experiencing Internet outages at the moment.

    There was a failure on one of the main transatlantic cables (TAT-14) which
    carries 640Gbps US/Europe traffic about 2 hours ago and I guess this is
    probably causing many transit providers a fair number of problems.

    The cable is implemented as a redundant ring with independently routed
    northern and southern transatlantic legs, the northern leg just failed.
    Sadly the southern leg apparently failed earlier in the month and hasn't
    been repaired yet :-(

    http://www.kddiscs.co.jp/e/business/02_15.html

    There will no doubt be a period of frenetic re-routing before normality is
    restored.

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at

    Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\), Nov 25, 2003
  17. Wilson

    Brat Guest

    uh-huh show off :p

    lol this has been happening for about a month now... did you shut off
    US/Canada links?? hehehehe

    normally I pick up what I have missed from other people's posts but yours I
    missed... and jtyc cut it off... the bum!! lol

    Brat, Nov 25, 2003
  18. Rogers Cable?
    Good luck--no one has to shut them off, they do that well enough themselves.

    One hint--since you are on the RoadRunner network now, you might want to
    reset your modem when major slowdowns occur. They don't seem to understand
    that a majority of us do not shut down our pcs at all. After a few weeks of
    constant connection the network seems to gradually slow to a crawl for no
    apparent reason. A reset of the modem usually returns speed to normal.

    It could be worse--you could still be on the Shaw network <g,d+rvvf>

    Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\), Nov 26, 2003
  19. Wilson

    Brat Guest

    lol I never had Shaw... and Roadrunner was bought out by Rogers... lol

    I sent an email to tech support at Roadrunner a while back when the network
    went down... copied the KB Article for them... the idiot that answered the
    email actually said that my smtp and pop server settings were incorrect...
    he had thought I had the sttings that MS shows was what I had for my
    settings. I got a phone call from tech support 2 days later after my nasty
    gram where I was told "there are not many people who call in who know more
    than our techs do"!! lol... I only wanted to know how long the network
    would be down. After resetting my modem (DOCSIS), I was able to
    send/recieve again... it is one of the reasons I chose the modem I have...
    most modems they have in stock are POS RCA's which, for some reason, do not
    have a reset switch... so when the network goes down, you are screwed
    because you have to wait for the next business day (in this case, 2 days)
    before your modem can be reset... go figure!! lol

    so do me a favor Larry... repost what you said earlier for me pls? hehehe

    I do get the posts eventually... but normally a few days later but I have
    already read them in the reposts from the responders but this time I missed
    since it was snipped.

    Cheers,
    Sue

    Brat, Nov 26, 2003
  20. Hi Sue,
    It was in a different part thread, mistress. <VBEG>

    Pasted here:

    I agree completely, mistress! <VBEG>

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at

    as a reply to:

    Larry

    Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\), Nov 26, 2003