Does anyone know anything about this organisation?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Qintin, May 23, 2004.

  1. Qintin

    Qintin Guest

    Capitalex.com Inc.
    http://www.capitalex.com
    "Reliable gold currency exchange solutions"

    May 18, 2004

    WE HAVE THREE WINNERS!

    The three winners of last week's Capitalex.com Market Survey have
    been drawn, and contacted by email. Each of them will receive a
    prize of $100 paid into their e-gold, e-bullion or BE-Cash account!

    Thanks to all our clients and subscribers for their participation!
    We have an amazing contest this month and you have another chance at
    winning a great prize.

    CAPITALEX.COM CLIENTS PROFIT FROM $500 GIVEAWAY!

    In early June Capitalex.com will give away $100 to each of five randomly
    selected clients that placed an order with Capitalex.com between May
    18 and 31! Sell gold, buy gold, or exchange from one e-currency to
    another... Each order counts, as you get one entry for each order.

    Participate now! Place your order at http://www.capitalex.com

    SPECIAL CAPITALEX.COM OFFERS CONTINUE

    Convert e-gold or e-bullion into cash for FREE (0%) by Western
    Union or wire transfer! All you pay is the WU/wire fee. (If you
    exchange $5,000 or more by wire transfer, we will even WAIVE the
    wire fee!)

    http://www.capitalex.com/sell.php

    Fund your BE-Cash account for FREE, by Western Union or wire transfer!

    http://www.capitalex.com/buy.php?goldtype=BE-Cash

    Offers valid until the end of May (while supplies last).

    UNSOLICITED TESTIMONIALS FROM CAPITALEX.COM CLIENTS

    We were excited to discover the following unsolicited testimonials
    our clients posted to various e-currency related discussion boards:

    "25 minutes after I placed my order, I received an email saying that
    my wire has been sent, and that I would receive it in the following
    days... Pretty quick"

    "I did a Western Union expedited in-exchange through Capitalex [...]
    My confirmation that the Western Union was sent was at 12:08 PM EST,
    and my account was funded at 12:48PM EST. These guys are REALLY on
    the ball."

    "They are a very serious company, you can phone them freely to observe
    who they are! They just launched online... You can trust them."

    "My wire was completed and everything went fine. While waiting for
    my wire to arrive I also did a Western Union out-exchange and it
    all went perfectly."

    "I just got through talking to Capitalex in Panama and everybody
    that I talked to was very professional, and was able to anwer all
    my questions. I was very impressed with the quality of the help."

    "I sent money to Capitalex via Western Union at 11:00 am last
    Wednesday. By 4:00 pm the same day the money was in my e-gold
    account. Fantastic!"

    "I did a wire transfer through their service and got my gold in
    my acct within 24 hours!! That is what I call fantastic service."

    "I have used them many times. They have become my favorite exchanger."

    Always at your service!

    The Capitalex.com Team

    PS: Open a FREE BE-Cash account at http://www.be-cash.com

    Qintin, May 23, 2004

  2. Qintin

    Trent SC Guest

    Don't know anything about them, and aim to keep it that way - something
    doesn't smell right.

    Sounds dodgy, looks dodgy.

    Trent SC, May 23, 2004

  3. Qintin

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    Instant sign of a scam.

    -= Hawk =-, May 23, 2004
  4. Qintin

    Scraggy Guest

    Old adage
    "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

    Scraggy, May 23, 2004
  5. Qintin

    Qintin Guest

    Yes, but that is wiring the money in to the e-gold account (your e-gold
    account), rather than doing it by check or money order for example, as I
    understand it?

    Qintin, May 23, 2004
  6. Qintin

    Valverdez Guest

    For god's sake, delete it and stop allowing yourself to get conned by everyt
    email that comes your way.

    Valverdez, May 23, 2004
  7. Qintin

    Qintin Guest

    Why would this be a con necessarily?

    Qintin, May 23, 2004
  8. Qintin

    Robert Moir Guest

    Well if you didn't ask for the email they are spammers. Spammers are known
    con artists and thieves.

    If you did ask for the email then I'd suggest you are in a far better
    position than anyone else to make a judgement over whether or not it is
    legit.

    Robert Moir, May 23, 2004
  9. Qintin

    Qintin Guest

    Point understood. It was from a newsletter I signed up to. No spam.

    Qintin, May 23, 2004
  10. Rule 1. Spammers lie.
    Rule 2. See Rule 1.

    HTH.