Does anyone else find Mozilla 1.7 a bit unstable at times?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Adrian, Sep 29, 2004.

  1. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    Does anyone besides me find Mozilla 1.7 a bit unstable at times?

    I find that Mozilla (mail) closes all of a sudden.
    Usually just as I click a button (usually Send!) and it takes the
    browser with it but not the OS (win98se).

    Puter: KT266, AMD Duron 1.2, 256 ram, 16mb Diamond Viper.
    All the latest software updates and hardware drivers from the Bios up.
    Built it myself. Stable as Airs rock. Point is, nothing else crashes.

    Anyone?
    TIA
    --
    ~Adrian
    My home page:

    Adrian, Sep 29, 2004

  2. Adrian

    Arne Guest

    Hav'nt notice enything strange in my Moz (1.7.3) Works just fine :)

    Arne, Sep 29, 2004

  3. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    Oh well, thanks for that. I must have a software conflict. I have taken
    to saving emails as I go anyway. Just like the bad old days when puters
    froze at least once a day, usually when you had forgotten to saved the
    document you were working on for a while.

    --
    ~Adrian
    My web site:

    Adrian, Sep 29, 2004
  4. I crash Moz lots of times. The Mail/Newsgroup I have no problems, but
    its the browser that crashes all the time.

    When Moz crashes of course its going to close everything --
    Mail/Newsgroup and broswser. Thats because they're all contected as
    one. Thats what I hate about Moz, when one part of it crashes, then the
    whole thing goes. But I can live with that. If you don't like that,
    then switch to FireFox [browser only] and Thunderbird [Mail/Newsgroup only].

    Andreas

    Panjandrum -- http://www.bartleby.com/61/47/P0044700.html

    To contact me remove the NOSPAM

    Andreas, The Grande Panjandrum, Sep 29, 2004
  5. Adrian

    Arne Guest

    *Andreas, The Grande Panjandrum* skrev 2004-09-29 19:45:
    You must visit a lot of sites widht very bad (and I mean really very,
    very bad IE-) strings embedded in the HTML code :)

    Those rare times Moz have crashed for me, it's because I accidently
    download sutch pages.

    Arne, Sep 29, 2004
  6. No, I can have the browser open, with NO website loaded, and it crashes.
    I keep getting an "invalid memory access" errors. Some have been told
    that its because of poor memory management in Win 98. If that is the
    case, then why does it always happen with the Moz browser and no other
    programs. I can have the Mail/Newsgroup open with no problems, but if I
    have the browser open, for lets say 30 minutes or more, then I get the
    crash. My problem has nothing to do with websites.

    Andreas, The Grande Panjandrum, Sep 29, 2004
  7. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    Hi

    I have come to rely on the Composer and I do like the suite as a whole.
    It's nothing I can't live with. I mean it doesn't happen *that* often.

    Re your latter post: I will try not having the browser open when using
    the mail reader. I had not thought of that because it seams to happen
    only when I click on something in the mail reader or a while after I
    change some setting in the mail reader. Maybe from now on if I change
    any settings I will restart all of Mozilla before I continue.

    Do you know if you can use the IRC client in place of MS Messenger say
    for people with hotmail addresses? I have not really got my head around
    that yet. Some friends want me to get a hotmail address and Messenger to
    chat with them.

    TIA

    Adrian, Sep 30, 2004
  8. What happens to me might be different for you. You just have to pay
    attention to what is causing the crash. It may be something completely
    different for you.
    As far as I know, you don't need a hotmail account to access Messenger.
    I've got one person who uses Messenger, but they don't have a hotmail
    account.

    As far as I know, IRC is something completely different. Its not like
    the MS Messenger or the AOL/Netscape IM.

    Andreas, The Grande Panjandrum, Sep 30, 2004
  9. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    Upon re-reading this I think you might be right.
    That would be good. I did read when I went to dl messenger that you
    needed one but that may just be their rave.
    Yes, I don't understand the difference myself.

    Thanks Andreas

    Adrian, Oct 4, 2004
  10. ITC, Internet Relay Chat, Google on it for more information.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 4, 2004