    I'll try all the new suggestion ASAP and let everyone know what
    happens.

    Thanks

    Kate, May 15, 2005

  2. Kate

    Kate Guest

    I'm not sure (will double check later) but I didn't see any options
    for the NV Firewall in their 64bit driver package. Is the firewall a
    separate download?

    Kate, May 15, 2005

  3. Kate

    Kate Guest

    I can not access the setup pages.

    Kate, May 15, 2005
  4. Kate

    Kate Guest

    I'm going to give this one a try for sure. I'll get back with you and
    let you know how it goes.

    Thanks

    ..

    Kate, May 15, 2005
  5. Kate

    Kate Guest

    Already checked this and the router picks up everything fine.I can
    even remove the router and I have the same problem.

    Kate, May 15, 2005
  6. Kate

    Kate Guest

    They don't run at the same time so that shouldn't be a problem would
    it?

    Kate, May 15, 2005
  7. Kate

    Kate Guest

    Did that first thing.

    Kate, May 15, 2005
  8. Kate

    Kate Guest

    Well it got rid of the Gateway alright. Now how do I get it back ;)

    Kate, May 15, 2005
  9. Kate

    Kate Guest

    Ok I gave this a try and it really screwed up everything.
    Has soon as I install the firewall the Internet Connection Gateway
    disappears and I can not even access the local network. This happens
    even after I uninstall it. The only way I got it back was to use
    System restore.

    On a side note I get a message that MS Firewall has blocked some
    components of Apache and if I want to continue blocking them.

    Kate, May 16, 2005
  10. Kate

    Kate Guest

    Not sure what you want here.
    When I select status I get a small window that shows "Internet
    connection status"

    speed 10Mpbs

    Then a section showing the connection graphically

    It shows the Internet connected to the gateway that is connected to
    the PC

    It has
    Packets sent for both the gateway and the PC (both are going up)
    Packets received: again for both and both are increasing in valve as
    you watch.

    There is a setting button but nothing is in there.

    That's it no 2 pages

    It shows the network icon with sent and received values that are
    increasing.

    Under support tab it shows
    ip address
    submask
    and gateway address
    The details show the same as ipconfig /all

    Is this what you wanted?

    How do you delete it? It's grayed out.

    Don't I want it to reappear ?

    Kate, May 16, 2005
  11. Kate

    Kate Guest

    In Application
    I see a lot of stuff like this

    The Apache service named reported the following error:
    Syntax error on line 120 of C:/NVIDIA/NetworkAccessManager/Apache
    Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf: .<----interesting

    and
    The Apache service named reported the following error:
    [Sun May 15 20:43:32 2005] [crit] (OS 10106)The requested service
    provider could not be loaded or initialized. : alloc_listener: failed
    to get a socket for localhost .

    nothing about master browser
    MSI K8N Neo
    with nforce3 250Gb Chipset

    Kate, May 16, 2005
  12. Kate

    Patrick Guest

    Have you shut off XP's firewall?

    Patrick, May 16, 2005
  13. Kate

    Keith Guest

    Kate----

    Have you tried doing what I suggested? That is, go ahead and INSTALL ALL OF
    the firewall management software....get it running and go into the control
    panel link it installs on the desktop....that way you know it installed
    correctly. Then UNinstall the firewall software. Reboot. I bet that fixes
    your problem...it did on mine...

    -Keith Schaefer

    Keith, May 16, 2005
  14. Kate

    Kate Guest

    Yes ;)

    and FYI I'm not new to this stuff, although I sound like it lately

    I've installed the Nv Firewall and uninstalled it and now my network
    is not accessible even though I can log with no problem except being
    assigned and "automatic private ip."
    I'm really starting to believe it's something to do with this chipset
    and drivers or the nforce firewall.
    I think I'll see if another NIC works.
    So if anyone knows of a good NIC that works for sure in xp64 let me
    know please.

    Kate, May 16, 2005
  15. Kate

    Kate Guest

    Yep did exactly that and now it's even more hosed ;(

    Can't access the router at all now so the network doesn't work either
    even though I can log on and be authenticated by the domain
    controller. However once in I can not access the other PC's on the
    network. I'm not being "denied access" They just aren't there period.

    Strange stuff.

    Kate, May 16, 2005
  16. Kate

    Kate Guest

    Well thanks to all I finally got it working !!

    After installing and uninstalling the NV firewall (which just made
    things worse) I decided to install it again. After the install the NV
    firewall came up with a message that I had both MS firewall and NV
    firewall on (I know I turned off the MS firewall at least 20 times in
    the past few days) anyway's it gave me the option of using the NV or
    MS if I choose MS's firewall NV's would be disabled , so I picked
    that option (sounded good to me) then I turned off MS firewall
    (again) and BING the gateway came back the network came back and web
    pages started loading.

    I'm posting this reply from xp64 now.

    Thanks

    Kate, May 16, 2005
  17. Great news!!! That NV firewall seems to be very pesky under x64.....problems
    stem from it not installing at all, to a bad install, just troublesome
    period...

    -Keith

    keith schaefer, May 17, 2005
  18. Kate

    Kate Guest

    After this I would have to agree.
    On a side note I still have it installed and on (anti-hacking mode)
    and everything is still working.

    Oh well now on to finding/waiting for a printer driver for my canon
    i560 and my Creative audigy sound card.

    Kate, May 17, 2005
  19. Kate

    Chris Guest

    A quick explaination of why you can log in without network access.
    Depending on the policies setup on your domain, Windows will cache the fact
    that your login was valid. Once you have successfully logged in (with a
    connection to the DC) you will then be allowed to log in without the DC for
    some period of time (default policy is 60 days I believe).

    Chris

    Chris, May 17, 2005
  20. Creative drivers for audigy on planetamd64.com :)
    http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?download=255
    you must register to download

    Cheers
    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 17, 2005