    Internet. I can't even open the configuration page.

    Any ideas?

    I just bought this router and I'm not changing it again, yet.

    Kate, May 10, 2005

  2. Did you check the manufacturers website to see if there are any updates?

    Andre Da Costa, May 10, 2005

  3. Kate

    Chris Guest

    64-bit or 32-bit, should make no difference. They should both work with
    your router without any headaches.

    You need to supply us with more information. I suspect you have either your
    router's networking configured incorrectly, or the OS's networking
    configured incorrectly. Did you have this router working before you ran
    64bit?

    Chris

    Chris, May 10, 2005
  4. Kate

    Rick Guest

    I think you are lost. The inability to configure a router has
    absolutely nothing to do with Windows XP/Server 2003 x64. You need to
    contact your ISP to find out what settings are needed to get your router
    working. Then you need to contact DLink for Technical Assistance.

    Rick, May 10, 2005
  5. Kate

    Kate Guest

    Here's the deal
    I have xp64 in a duel boot configuration
    The router works fine in the 32bit version
    In xp64 I have no trouble joining my domain I can do everything on my
    private network that I should be able to do. In other words it works
    fine and I didn't change anything in the router.

    However I can not access the Internet however I can ping some sites
    but not others, for example I can ping comcast.net but not msnbc.com,
    but I can't open any web site period.

    Since I posted I removed the router from the setup and connected right
    to the cable modem. The computer boots fine and is assigned an ip from
    comcast but still no Internet.

    I'm stumped

    And to the other poster yes I downloaded new firmware for the router
    but It's seems that may not be the problem any longer.

    Thanks

    Kate, May 10, 2005
  6. Kate

    John Long Guest

    Is your problem you can not access the internet at all or that you can not
    access the internet from your x64 computer (and you can access the internet
    from your other computers) ?

    John

    John Long, May 10, 2005
  7. Kate

    John Long Guest

    Check you DNS settings!

    You may have full access to the internet but not to a DNS server (so your
    computer can't convert the www.yahoo.com to an IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    which it needs use to connect to an internet site.

    John

    John Long, May 10, 2005
  8. Kate

    Rick Guest

    Then I would say your Win x64 Network Connection is not configured
    correctly. Look at the connection settings in XP Pro, since you say it
    works from there, and try the same settings in x64. If you're using
    dynamic IP, the settings should be identical. If you're using static
    IP, then the only setting that should be different is the OS's IP.
    (Actually, you could have the same static IP since both OS's would not
    be active at the same time.)

    I have XP Pro, x64, WinME, and Fedora Linux on my computer and the
    router works the same no matter which OS I have booted.

    Rick, May 10, 2005
  9. Kate

    Chris Guest

    Be very careful about trusting ping as an indicator of you internet
    connectivity. A lot of admins have set their servers to not respond to ICMP
    ping packets. Ping is only useful if you know the other end should respond.
    When the router is installed, can you reach any internal web servers (if you
    have any)?

    Chris

    Chris, May 10, 2005
  10. Kate

    Keith Guest

    By some chance do you have an Nvidia 250Gb chipset on the motherboard? :-0
    With the included firewall control software installed? If you do...remove
    it...

    Keith

    Keith, May 10, 2005
  11. Kate

    Kate Guest

    BING!!!

    Think I'll look into that one!

    Kate, May 10, 2005
  12. Kate

    Kate Guest

    I think you're lost

    I said I took the router out of the configuration and still can't
    connect to the Internet. So it's not the router. I've had the same ISP
    for 6 years and have setup routers many times with them and since it's
    not the router I don't need to call DLink or my ISP.

    But thanks for your polite response.

    Kate, May 10, 2005
  13. Kate

    Kate Guest

    There the same they've always been. They point to my DNS server. I
    guess I could point it at Comcast's and see if that makes a
    difference. (Maybe I should check my DNS server also)

    Kate, May 10, 2005
  14. Kate

    Kate Guest

    I'm coming to that same conclusion ;)
    The router assigns the same IP when I log on.
    They're the same since it's the same machine

    Kate, May 10, 2005
  15. Kate

    Kate Guest

    Yeah but I think they two respond. At least they did in the past.

    Kate, May 10, 2005
  16. Kate

    Kate Guest

    Can access from all PC's on network, even this one when it is in
    XP32bit (I'm doing it now)

    But xp64 and no go.

    Kate, May 10, 2005
  17. Kate

    Chris Guest

    If this fixes your problem please remember to post the solution so others
    can benefit.

    Chris

    Chris, May 10, 2005
  18. Kate

    Kate Guest

    As it turns out I did not install the firewall (never did like it)

    This is really strange. Everything looks right and no firewall's I
    even have the icon on the tool bar showing an Internet connection and
    passing some traffic.

    It almost looks like a firewall issue but I don't have one installed
    or the windows one enabled. ;(

    Next step is to try a new NIC .
    Anyone know a good card that works with this version of windows?

    Kate, May 10, 2005
  19. Kate

    Patrick Guest

    If you cannot get to the router from x64 by using the
    internal IP address of your router (i.e. 192.168.whatever dlink uses)
    - it sounds to me like TCP/IP is not installed - even though it may say
    that it is in network properties.

    And not once did I read above where anyone mentioned
    the "wireless" word. So I am to assume that you are "plugged in"

    Patrick, May 10, 2005
  20. Kate

    Patrick Guest

    I am responsible for 6 different networks with a total of 40+ computers
    behind a dozen different routers.
    ....and I admit that I am anal in that "if it ain't part of the process - I
    get rid of it"
    and the only time that there has ever been an:
    "icon on the tool bar showing an Internet connection and passing some
    traffic"
    is when it was a ..........laptop running wireless.

    Is this the case?

    Patrick, May 11, 2005