    I appreciate that CF cards will vary, but am I likely to get more 10D
    battery life out of a 1 GB Microdrive or a 1GB CF?

    TIA

    Alan F Cross, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Alan F Cross

    Ron Hunter Guest

    The Microdrive takes more power.

    Ron Hunter, Jul 18, 2003

  3. Alan F Cross

    Jim Townsend Guest

    The power issue comes up on this group on a regular basis.

    I've used my microdrives for over a year in a Pro90 and now my 10D...

    You *won't* notice the difference. The MD has a pretty good write speed too.

    Jim Townsend, Jul 18, 2003
  4. Alan F Cross

    Mark M Guest

    While the MD does take a bit more power, the 10D has one of the best
    batteries in the field and you will be fine.

    If you're really worried about it (or even if you're not, but just want
    greater battery capacity), order the far superior Power-2000 replacement
    batteries for the 10D/D30/D60 from B&H. These batteries are not only less
    expensive, but they are 1500mAh vs. Canon's mere 1100mAh. The two I have
    far outlast the Canons, and the improvement would have you still coming out
    ahead with a micro drive vs. the Canon and battery/solid state CF card.

    Mark M, Jul 18, 2003