    psion Guest

    does a 450w power supply actually use 450w of energy at all times, evern
    though there are few components in the box?

    psion, Aug 5, 2004

  2. psion

    Brian Guest

    "psion" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:v%uQc.58426$...
    > does a 450w power supply actually use 450w of energy at all times, evern
    > though there are few components in the box?

    no.. thats what it is capable of.

    Brian, Aug 5, 2004

  3. psion

    M Guest

    A power supply uses only what the components demand. So no it wont use 450w
    unless you have a very loaded system.

    M, Aug 5, 2004
  4. psion

    °Mike° Guest

    No, because it's a switching power supply; 450w is it's
    maximum load capacity. On the other hand, if you have
    every available slot drawing power, then it's conceivable
    that it could.

    On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:31:25 -0500, in
    <v%uQc.58426$>
    psion scrawled: