    "Host to Host" apparently, but I have seen it listed
    in diagrams as "Transport" just like OSI's terminology.

    Thanks for your time.

    J. Q. Etuo, MSCE 2003, A+ 2003, May 19, 2004

  2. J. Q. Etuo,  MSCE 2003,  A+ 2003

    Chris E Guest

    According to different Cisco study materials, the proper name can be either
    Internet or Internetwork layer. I've never heard the Transport layer be
    called the Host to Host Layer. The DoD model can be loosely mapped to the
    OSI model:

    Physical and Data Link to Network Access

    Network to Internet

    Transport and Session to Transport

    Presentation and Applicaton to Application

    And, yes, Cisco seems to treat the DoD model as synonomous to TCP/IP.

    Chris
    A+, Net+ (CCNA coming soon)

    Chris E, May 20, 2004