Docsis qos profile doesnt change !?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by raptor, Dec 4, 2003.

  1. raptor

    raptor Guest

    hi,

    I have very strange problem i'm changing the docsis cfg files dloaded
    via tftp
    in modems (say from bronze to platinium or vs versa).. i do tcpdump on
    the TFTP server to be sure that the modem load the correct file.
    So it loads ok... but when I look with :

    sh cable modem

    QoS field is still the old one.. i.e. Cisco doesnt update the qos
    profile for the
    modem. And when the client makes dloads it dolad with the old profile
    speed, not
    with the new one.
    ubr7246 - Version 12.1(13)EC2
    Do u have some ideas, i don't want to restart the router for such
    stupid errors..
    Is there way to erase all info about a modem ... !!
    modem power off and clear cable modem doesnt work...!

    !!!!

    raptor, Dec 4, 2003

  2. raptor,

    I am guessing that the speeds are different on the config file. Now I
    remembered this happended to me before and sometiems you have to do a reset
    at the modem to have it take the new config file. A clear cable modem
    sometimes does not do the job and a manuel power cycle is needed. Have you
    tried a new modem and see if it gets the appropriate QOS

    Jeremy

    Jeremy McMasters, Dec 4, 2003

  3. raptor

    raptor Guest

    dosent help ........
    Only reboot of the uBR work, this is stupidily-stupid I'm changaing users
    speeds at least 10 times at day...
    I dont know what to do... !!!!

    raptor, Dec 5, 2003
  4. Mr. Raptor:

    Do you have this command on your CMTS by chance

    cable qos permission modems

    To specify permission for updating the QoS table, use the cable qos
    permission global configuration command. Use the no form of this command to
    remove a previously enabled permission.

    cable qos permission {create-snmp | modems | update-snmp}
    no cable qos permission
    modems
    Permits creation of QoS table entries by modem registration requests.

    If this command isn't present I believe that the modems will not update the
    qos

    Jeremy McMasters
    Network Engineer
    Charter Communications
    Johnstown, PA

    Jeremy McMasters, Dec 5, 2003
  5. raptor

    raptor Guest

    here ismy current config about qos permission :

    no cable qos permission create
    no cable qos permission update
    cable qos permission modems

    raptor, Dec 7, 2003
  6. raptor

    raptor Guest

    oops forgot the same config was working flawlesly on my old ubr7233..
    !!! still wondering is there a cure for this..
    From what i see i.e. sh cable qos profile the correct proffiles are
    created from modems.
    Cisco just doesnt updates its qos-value if the modem is forced by
    my to load different file.
    And as i told from the tcpdump i see that the modem loads the correct
    file..
    Now only partial solution for me is after reseting the modem, to
    wait until it connects and then see in sh qos profile what number
    is the selected profile and then apply it manualy via :
    cable modem x.x.x.x qos profile Y
    which is a total waste of time ...

    raptor, Dec 7, 2003