    reports 2.917v, also the same when in XP.

    My Kingmax Rams are rated 2.7V Max.

    So have you checked your DDR voltage of late.?

    Robin Wheeler, Jan 11, 2004

  2. eek... If I knew how, I'd check it.(lacking ability)

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Jan 11, 2004

  3. Robin Wheeler

    Mainlander Guest

    So what CRAP(TM) motherboard have you got this time?

    Mainlander, Jan 11, 2004
  4. Robin Wheeler

    K & S Guest

    What no more HTML, have you moved up to Agent..?

    A Real News Reader..

    K & S, Jan 11, 2004

  5. MBM5 Can if it supports your MoBo and also SiSoft Sandra..

    Robert Mathews, Jan 11, 2004
  6. If they are not accurate, why bother going to the expense of putting
    them there?

    I know I'd rather have a cheaper component with no sensors than a dearer
    one with dodgy sensors.

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Jan 11, 2004
  7. Robin Wheeler

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Because most of the software you use to read them in an OS can be
    calibrated, maybe against a thermal probe,and compensation used.
    I wouldn't. At least with "dodgy sensors" you can still get an indication of
    temperature change, wanring you of fan failure or dust build-up.

    JMO.

    ~misfit~, Jan 11, 2004
  8. Robin Wheeler

    K & S Guest

    I used a Fluke to verify my concerns, and it turns out I was right, Only MBM5
    that was a bit out and showed low readings..

    SiSoft Sandra gave excellent readings..

    K & S, Jan 11, 2004
  9. Robin Wheeler

    K & S Guest

    They are OK when things are way out like in my case..

    K & S, Jan 11, 2004

  10. The temp & voltage sensors on m/b's ARE NOT ACCURATE.

    Steve Robertson, Jan 11, 2004
  11. Robin Wheeler

    Mainlander Guest

    You must have updated the crap(TM) software at your end

    Mainlander, Jan 12, 2004
  12. Prohably just marketing.Ive had to disable the sensor alarms on a few boards in the past
    because of problems with inacurate reading causing shutdowns & alarms to go off.
    Do you really think that m/b manufacturers put expensive monitoring systems on their boards
    My previous m/b was known to give a false reading on CPU voltage. No big deal, most people didnt
    even know.

    Steve Robertson, Jan 12, 2004