Do want this HDD given away?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by unholy, Oct 27, 2005.

?

Is unholy=Sqr-Straight(evil^2)?

  1. Yes

    100.0%
  2. No

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. unholy = big gay girl

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. unholy = the_pwnerer of all noobz

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    haha no putale... I HAVE just been notified that staff is able to join. but not if we get 100 members by the end of the month.
    oh yer moddy, base 10 is where the next unit (eg Metres, and Kilometres) is within a 10 with a endless amount of 0's eg, 1m = 100 cm, not like imperial where 30cm = 12inch or what ever it is

    unholy, Nov 10, 2005

  2. unholy

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    Likes Received:
    0
    i f'ing hate imperial, we americans are so f'ed up that way, metric is so much easier.

    Gez, Nov 10, 2005

  3. unholy

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    Likes Received:
    0
    no way, no matter who enters, I am gonna win, I just know it.:)

    PUTALE, Nov 10, 2005
  4. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    If you win, I'll punch you in the nose, very hard.
    And we're over 100 users already, what the heck's the holdup?

    The Modfather, Nov 11, 2005
  5. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    over 100? We're on 91 :|

    XhArD, Nov 11, 2005
  6. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Uh, a few days ago I checked and we were at 102. Like I said, something's fishy. Besides, didn't Unholy claim that Mike said he'd do it when we reached 90? I know he said that. So either way, what's the hold up?

    The Modfather, Nov 11, 2005
  7. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Unholy is a liar, that's what :p

    XhArD, Nov 11, 2005
  8. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    when ever i ask mike about giving away the HDD at 90 ppl, hes like. *phone hangs up*

    unholy, Nov 12, 2005
  9. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah, right... There is no Mike, there is no hard drive, this is all a big ol' come on. I mean really, first the forum is deleting all new users and banning them, so the site can never get to the goal of 100 users, then when you say "Mike said we'll do it at 90 users" it's somehow magically back to 100 and you're saying he just hung up. Uh huh... We believe you Unholy, really we do.
    Wanna buy a bridge?

    The Modfather, Nov 12, 2005
  10. unholy

    zachig

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    0
    Is this giveaway going to end THIS year??? It seems that it would last forever! I say, gimmie the HD NOW!!!

    zachig, Nov 15, 2005
  11. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    ok, i aint promising nothing no more, i am not in the best mind about this whole site anymore, in fact i wouldn't be surpirsed if this was all a scam concivenced by mike (he does exist) to get alot of money from selling this site.

    In fact dont put ur hopes up for that HDD anymore. and god will i be pissed if it doesn't get given away. In fact so annoyed i might start my own site. one were i actually give the items out on dates not by users joined.

    unholy, Nov 15, 2005
  12. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    At this point it's not going to matter if it's ever given away or not because in the time it's taken to get this far that drive's getting less and less valuable. By the time it's given away it'll be fairly worthless. Like I said, I smelled a rat when the forum would ban users on sign up and then after I offered to fix it half a dozen times and still nothing happened, I felt fairly sure that this was just a scam. Sure, have a contest that gives away some hard drive after the forums hit 100 users and then make it impossible for the forums to ever reach 100 users, that doesn't sound like a scam, right. And now the site's sold and we don't know what's up?

    I think the new "owner" better get on the ball here and explain things and I don't care if it's "personal" or anything. You hooked some users into joining and participating, writing articles and reviews and offering prizes and so forth, I think we're owed some kind of explanation. (I don't mean you Unholy). If Mike exists or he doesn't exist, it doesn't matter. Mike never once posted on these forums in all the time I've been here, so he may as well not have existed for all it mattered. As far as I'm concerned the only people who existed were Silverstrand and Unholy in the roles of operators of the site. So now there's Ian, well Ian, time to set the record straight here. What's the deal?

    The Modfather, Nov 15, 2005
  13. unholy

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,217
    Likes Received:
    7
    Well, I didn't know about this competition before I bought this site - so I can't tell you anything about it I'm afraid. Can someone fill me in on whats happened?

    I've fixed the user ban (I installed vBulletin to get round this) as I realised it was a problem when I signed up and it happened to me.

    Ian, Nov 15, 2005
  14. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    The deal was that once the site reaches 100 members, Mike (Not Modfather Mike, the other Mike) was going to have a raffle thing. Every member gets one entry per 10 posts they have made on the forum. Whoever's name was randomly drawn would win a 200GB Seagate SATA HDD.

    XhArD, Nov 16, 2005
  15. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    sounds about right to me.

    unholy, Nov 16, 2005
  16. unholy

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,217
    Likes Received:
    7
    OK, thanks for letting me know about this guys :) I'm locking this thread for now as it doesn't look like the old owners are going to give this one away

    If anyone has a problem with this drop me a PM

    Ian, Nov 16, 2005
  17. unholy

    zachig

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    0
    Damn, I had a feeling no one was going to get that HD.

    Anyway, lets just leave it behind. Anyway, it's not Cunningham's fault!!!

    zachig, Nov 16, 2005