    Telecomms company in Australia, say, to be paid by us for the use of their last
    few km of copper wire?

    JPG

    JPG, Jun 29, 2005

  2. JPG

    me Guest

    I reckon VOIP telcos will survive as they have paying customers that
    make outbound phone calls through their system.

    The telecoms company in Australia will get paid for incoming calls
    aswell as well as outgoing calls and rental charges for the copper
    wire.

    me, Jun 29, 2005

  3. JPG

    Ian Guest

    well some will and some wont.

    Time will tell who survives though. in the end it will come down to cost and
    service level.
    The shake up will be similar to the isp market ith small players being
    swallowed up by the big boys as the race to get market share.
    The market is starting to mature with the likes of MCI launching a business
    product for the european market, I think we can expect to see more of the
    large players launching over the next few months. As well as the Isps
    launching their own offerings AOL and Wanadoo to name but two the small visp
    will find it harder to get market share and will be required to provide
    support for all levels of users.
    It will be interesting to see who does survive though

    Ian

    Ian, Jun 29, 2005
  4. JPG

    JPG Guest

    I wonder how long before hardware manufacturers catch on in a big way (not the
    paltry choice we have now). The market for ATAs and Voip Telephones is likely
    to explode over the next year or so, prices will plummet (hopefully).

    JPG

    JPG, Jun 29, 2005
  5. JPG

    Ian Guest