    problems or are you ignoring me as a poster??

    I need to know.

    -ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster, Jun 29, 2008

  2. ChrisCoaster

    GTS Guest

    Is this a repeated problem or a one-time event. If the latter, it's not
    worth investigating.
    Clear your temporary Internet files. That might involve a corrupted cache.

    GTS, Jun 29, 2008

  3. ChrisCoaster

    Ofnuts Guest

    In your case, both :) For you HP problem I would have suspected an old
    job in the print spool, but given the MP3 problem I think you should
    ship your PC ASAP to the Ghostbusters headquarters. Or you are taking
    some strong/strange medicine.

    Ofnuts, Jun 29, 2008
  4. ChrisCoaster

    Paul Guest

    "simply not know the answer to these odd problems" - Bingo!

    There are 100,000 newsgroups out there. Some have "explorer" in
    the name, or "vista" in the name. There may even be experts
    lurking there.

    If you went fishing, and didn't catch fish, would you conclude
    it was a "fish conspiracy", or would you move to the next lake
    and try again ?

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 29, 2008
  5. ChrisCoaster

    sandy58 Guest

    *Do you experts on here simply not know the answer to these odd
    problems or are you ignoring me as a poster??

    I need to know. *
    Q1) Both correct.
    Q2)Are you SURE ...you need to know? If I tell you...I have to KILL
    you....and you're too young to die. :)
    Weekends some of us get smashed, laid, high etc so keep posting. Some
    of us just don't give a toss one way or another (as most of us do this
    "help" shit for free, for a bet, for something to occupy their spare
    time etc) so if you are really in a screaming hurry wrap up your PC in
    something warm & waterproof....and dash over to your local IT fundi &
    give US a break. :)

    sandy58, Jun 29, 2008
  6. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    ______________
    But the point is - and perhaps I didn't mention it - is that the
    website that started printing was not something I wanted/or attempted
    to print!

    And no, I dont take any "medicine".

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Jun 29, 2008
  7. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    __________

    If you read the first part of my post you would notice that I posted
    the "Weird Behavior in Favorites" Int.Exp. menu issue TWO weeks ago.
    That's a lot of time to get trashed or otherwise occupy oneself, given
    the dozens of posts since that got some sort of answer or suggestion.

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Jun 29, 2008
  8. ChrisCoaster

    Ofnuts Guest

    That's my understanding... But did you check that your print queue was
    empty before printing?
    Then http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Alley/9069/Ghostbusters.mid

    Ofnuts, Jun 29, 2008
  9. ChrisCoaster

    sandy58 Guest

    So you reckon you have a right to demand a reply....like in some kinda
    time-frame....like a reward for just posting here.......like WE will
    feel BETTER for YOUR taking time & effort just
    ASKING for our help? You gotta understand MY position......I don't
    really "do" screwed-up or "weird computer problems" as they (the
    "weird" problems) are normally the accummulative results of the
    "weird" PC's WEIRDER owners' persistent attempt at performing
    operations on the aforementioned PC of a physical & mathematical
    impossibility.
    I tend more towards the acquisition of serials/cracks/patches for the
    express conversion or demo/trial/carrot 'n stick software into fully
    operative software...........in other words......the easier "help"
    mode. Last time I looked.....it said.....top line
    here....."alt.computer". Not
    "alt.computer.with.weird.problems".......not
    "alt.computer.will.answer.soon".......not
    "alt.computer.go.elsewhere.cos.your.embarrassing.me"
    Catch my drift, ole buddy? So if you have the need for a serial/crack/
    patch et al.........& don't mind hanging around for a couple of days/
    weeks/months.......a post might JUST do the trick.....but don't hold
    your breath, laddie. :)

    sandy58, Jun 30, 2008
  10. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    ________________
    In ENGLISH, that means you are blaming the operator - in this case,
    moi - for the weird stuff in the print cue on my Home Vista computer
    and the inability to access a folder in Favorites on my XP office
    computer.

    Fine, blame the operator, that's the ole' cop out! Next please...

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Jun 30, 2008
  11. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    ___________________
    I didn't know that checking the print cue was a routine procedure
    before printing.

    Most people just click print or go File > Print, then select their
    options and hit print from there.

    Again if you read what I've been posting I NEVER at anytime asked it
    to print ANY pages from a WEBSITE. I was printing a slide from a
    PowerPoint presentation, and when I clicked print the pages from the
    website started printing. I went in the cue and canceled the
    request.

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Jun 30, 2008
  12. if IE is behaving oddly, then I would look into if it's possible to
    reinstall it.
    If not, then consider reinstalling windows if it bothers you.
    or using another browser.

    another option is to do a win xp System Restore to when it was OK.

    Another option,
    You could look into the problem.. I can think of a way to look into
    the IE favourites problem..
    go to C:\Documents and Settings\chriscoaster\Favorites
    IE stores your favourites there.
    Is ther eanything funny about the folder with the blob in IE?
    look at the attributes, read only, system, hidden e.t.c.
    Try going into the folder,
    try copying the folder. Can you go into that?
    try copying the contents of the funny folder into a new folder.

    You experiment from there.

    That is your best option before reinstalling anything.

    this is odd but no big deal.

    check your printer queue from time to time. If it has Old stuff in it,
    then maybe you failed to print things and neglected your printer queue
    back then.
    Next time, if you click print and it doesn't print, then clear the
    printer queue.

    If the printer is printing lots and you want it to stop. Turn off the
    printer, unplug it if you want. And clear the queue.

    you could always reinstall the printer driver.. get the latest printer
    driver.
    with the quirkiest problems, that nobody has ever had, they are either
    on google, or you reinstall..

    or, maybe you can figure out what is the problem.. usually unlikely
    for IE, but possible here. Possible for the printer. If it printed
    too, it was in the queue, so you just had to look at when ti got in
    the queue. If you looked at the queue then you'd know. If this problem
    happened frequently enough then you could check.

    jameshanley39, Jun 30, 2008
  13. ChrisCoaster

    Neil Green Guest

    On Jun 29, 7:24 pm, sandy58 <>
    wrote:
    .......I don't
    ________________
    In ENGLISH, that means you are blaming the operator -
    in this case,
    moi - for the weird stuff in the print cue on my Home
    Vista computer
    and the inability to access a folder in Favorites on
    my XP office
    computer.

    Fine, blame the operator, that's the ole' cop out!
    Next please...

    -CC

    Try here for your printer problem:
    http://www.pctoday.com/Editorial/ar...10.asp&articleid=49121&WordList=&bJumpTo=True

    As far as the work computer goes, how many people use
    it?
    The problem could have any of a number of causes,
    caused by any number of people.

    Neil Green, Jun 30, 2008
  14. ChrisCoaster

    sandy58 Guest

    PS. Hey, I like your pics of the Verrazano Narrows Bridge, Chris. I
    like bridges!tedum

    sandy58, Jun 30, 2008
  15. ChrisCoaster

    Ofnuts Guest

    I'm not making that a routine procedure either... but when things start
    getting weird, routine behavior becomes insufficient.
    So do I. But when I don't get the right output, I go to the print queue
    to see if it's there, after whatever is printing.
    Acknowledged. But let me rephrase this: "I NEVER at anytime asked it
    *CONSCIOUSLY* to print ANY pages from a WEBSITE". We are not talking
    about any random website here, but one you visited. Printing a page is
    just a Ctrl-P away on IE (which is the browser you use), and mistyping
    happens. I'm not saying that this is what happened, but that it is still
    a bit more likely than a gremlin taking hold of your PC. If the problem
    isn't reproducible, your guess is as good as mine anyway, but the
    usefulness of an answer is fairly low in this case since it won't happen
    again.

    Ofnuts, Jul 1, 2008
  16. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    _________________________
    Excuse me, but this was the THIRD time it's happened in the 4 months
    I've owned this combination.

    I initially chalked it up to "Vista's learning curve" so touted in
    magazines and literature about Vista.

    It is just recently that I sought help on the issue. And no, it takes
    some effort to type the keys "Ctrl" and "P" simultaneously, so that is
    not the case.

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Jul 1, 2008
  17. ChrisCoaster

    Ofnuts Guest

    "it": printing a web site? Then take the habit to monitor your print
    queue (or to have a printer conected at all time), so you'll know when
    something is added to it. Otherwise, if it's three different weird
    things, then waving dead chickens may help.
    Ah, Vista... then yes, you have a gremlin, and your computer is 0wn3d.
    Less effort than to chew gum and walk simultaneously... Check your IE7
    online help for other "Print" shortcuts, though (I don't use IE, and
    only have a lowly IE6 on this computer)

    Ofnuts, Jul 1, 2008
  18. ChrisCoaster

    Paul Guest

    What if Chris had some other hot key combo defined for printing ?
    It might not take control-P, but some other key combination.
    Maybe there is more than one way to trigger printing.

    Or, the web page itself is bringing up the print dialog box. I've had
    that happen on web sites, and had to click "cancel" to make it
    go away. Maybe if he visits a web site that uses HTML to trigger
    printing, that might do it. I'd want to examine the URL and
    the page source, to see if that is possible. I don't know if Vista
    would present the dialog, with an opportunity to cancel or not, because
    I don't use Vista.

    Paul

    Paul, Jul 1, 2008