    there a way to permanently store the network profile in windows or would that
    defeat the point of WPA security?

    Thanks in advance for any help

    Guest, Nov 15, 2006

  2. Guest

    David Hettel Guest

    Depends on the drivers and software you are using, but yes there normally is
    an option where you enter the password to save the password, with that
    checked you would not have to re-enter the password each time you boot. I'd
    suggest reading the help file for your wireless device, or contacting the
    maker, if it's not there. Perhaps the drivers are not installed correctly?

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Nov 15, 2006

  3. Guest

    Gordon Guest

    Go to Network Connections, right-click on the ireless Connection and choose
    Properties. You should see a tab called "Wireless Networks". Click on that,
    then go to the Properties button and add the WPA key there

    HTH

    Gordon, Nov 15, 2006