    Can someone confirm that if I pass the 70-260 Exam for VISTA do I become an
    MCP or MCTS?

    Thanks

    Richard Blay, Dec 7, 2008

  2. Richard Blay

    Steve Davis Guest

    If you are talking about the 70-620 for Vista, then you become both.

    Steve Davis

    Steve Davis, Dec 8, 2008

  3. Richard Blay

    Montreal_MCT Guest

    Actually I thought that you only became an MCTS, and were given access to
    the MCP website? My understanding is that none of the new exams will give
    the MCP cert anymore?

    Maybe I'm wrong...

    Montreal_MCT, Dec 8, 2008
  4. Richard Blay

    kemp Guest

    Yes, this is the correct response

    kemp, Dec 8, 2008
  5. Not the =cert= title, but Microsoft continues to use the term "Microsoft
    Certified Professional" as the generic term that includes all persons with
    any particular certification.

    http://blogs.technet.com/mslcommunity/archive/2008/12/03/yes-virginia-there-are-mcps.aspx

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Dec 8, 2008
  6. I had thought that with only the new-generation exams, one becomes a
    Microsoft certified professional (generic, thus lower case), but not
    necessarily a Microsoft Certified Professional (specific title, thus upper
    case, except in German where both would be upper case).
    However, I believe the count of the number of professionals figures those
    with MCTSes as also MCPs.
    Microsoft is sending out mixed signals in regards to the answer to this
    question. They need to provide more clarification.

    LarryWestMCSD, Dec 9, 2008