    the lame vbr encoded mp3s from ripping with Audiograbber.

    Maybe I should just wait and get a Creative Zen...

    (and avoid Sony like the plague from what I hear)

    Mews Grewps, Sep 28, 2007

  2. Mews Grewps

    ded Guest

    This is Coby FAQ, found on second hit via google
    http://www.cobyusa.com/_en/support_faq.php#q42

    Not instantly discernable if all Coby models can or cannot play VBR.

    In this age when storage capacity is cheap and readily
    available, I don't see the point to VBR as a space saving technique.
    Even with narrow band sonics such as voice-only recordings or
    music with long silent passages, a lower constant bitrate will do
    the job, and compatibility is at least assured with CBR.

    ded, Sep 28, 2007

  3. Mews Grewps

    Plato Guest

    One can always work a second job, or job that pays more money, rather
    than complaining.

    Plato, Oct 7, 2007