    dnsd.info started to fail, today www.dnsdynamic.org doesn't talk to a
    browser (or ddclient), although the address pings.

    Are they down permanently does anyone know?

    Mike Scott, Nov 24, 2014

  2. Mike Scott

    Aragorn Guest

    It's also unresponsive to locations outside of the US.

    Aragorn, Nov 24, 2014

  3. The web address dnsd.info (no www) is responding here, (London, Ontario,
    Canada), but it's returning a page indicating the owner has changed whois
    information, but has not clicked on the link to verify the changed email
    address.

    In large text, at the top of the page, is "You have reached a domain that
    is pending ICANN verification.", followed by text explaining why icann
    has suspended the page, and how the owner can get it restored.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

    David W. Hodgins, Nov 24, 2014
  4. There are some free services on www.choiceip.com

    Bill

    Bill Cunningham, Nov 25, 2014
  5. Sorry that's changeip.com

    Bill

    Bill Cunningham, Nov 25, 2014
  6. Mike Scott

    Mike Scott Guest

    Yes, that's where I started - I'm using a couple of dynamic domains from
    different providers, and run a script regularly to cross-check the
    results. This flagged up the issue with dnsd.info. I logged that with
    them late last week as a fault, then yesterday found their main web
    server was unresponsive (although the server pings happily). I've heard
    nothing since. Looks like they're out of business.

    Luckily there's still a good choice of free providers!

    Mike Scott, Nov 25, 2014