    for the DNSs to be used by dialup clients.
    but I noticed that when the client dial-in, they get wrong IPs for the
    DNS : 192.168.1.1 which are not the correct IPs of our DNSs.

    hakim soso, Nov 20, 2003

  2. hakim soso

    Rik Bain Guest

    Have a look at the "async-bootp" command.

    Rik Bain

    Rik Bain, Nov 20, 2003

  3. hakim soso

    DMc Guest

    ip name-server x.x.x.x tells only informs the router of the dns server
    address. It does not inform pc hosts. Your dial up clients need to enter
    dns address themselves or you need to provide some form of dhcp for them.
    DHCP is a better option, as you can configure many things (dns,
    gateway,wins,etc).

    DMc.

    DMc, Nov 21, 2003
  4. hakim soso