DNS error or Time Out error following Broadband Upgrade

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Guest, May 4, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    In the last couple of weeks I have upgraded from a dial up connection to a
    2Mb broadband with BT (UK).
    I am now able to access all my traditional websites except one
    (www.tesco.net).
    Helpdesks from my ISP and Tesco have run through various issues but have so
    far come up with no answers.
    By reverting to my dial up account I can still access the Tesco site (via
    different ISP)
    Doing a "tracert" comes up with about 12 hops then a timeout error.
    Windows firewall "on" or "off" makes no difference.
    Windows IE or Firefox makes no difference.
    Kaspersky AV "on" or "off" makes no difference.
    Clearing all stored data (cookies / history / saved pages etc) makes no
    difference.
    Resetting IE Explorer to default settings makes no difference.

    Can anybody help me please...

    Guest, May 4, 2005

  2. Guest

    T-Bone Guest

    FWIW I can access the site you mentioned. I would suggest finding out which
    hop in the tracert is failing and getting on your new ISP about the problem
    getting through that point. I've had things like this happen before and our
    ISP rerouted through a different carrier for that site and it fixed the
    problem.

    For additional ammunition see if you can find anyone else on your new ISP
    and see if they have the same problem.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, May 4, 2005

  3. Guest

    BrainLock Guest

    It may be that Tesco.com is blocking your ISP for some
    reason or another. I really don't like to say this, but
    when you call for help to an ISP that person is usually
    reading a list of possibles out of an online dynamic help
    manual which they angle toward user error instead of
    actually looking at the problem openly.

    Best Wishes,

    BrainLock, May 6, 2005