DNS doctoring.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by AM, Dec 9, 2004.

  1. AM

    AM Guest

    Hi all,

    we have a web server inside our LAN.
    We have PIX32 between the world and us.
    I know that traffic can not come from one interface and flow to the same interface (in this case the inside one)
    This mean that internal clients can not access web server (e.g. www.pincopallo.it) because the DNS response return an
    external IP but the real machine (192.168.31.26) is inside the lan.
    We have just insert the static and conduit statement for internet people to access our web server.

    static (inside,outside) IP_of_www.pincopallo.it 192.168.31.26 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0
    conduit permit tcp host 192.168.31.26 eq www any

    I added the statement (for internal PCs to see the web server)

    alias (inside) 192.168.31.26 151.xxx.yyy.zzz 255.255.255.255

    and write configuration to memory.

    I flush DNS cache on my PC (win2000) (with internal IP)

    but evereytime I send a request for (ping, web and whatever) towards www.pincopallo.it PIX32 doesn't translate the
    external IP with internal one and returns the public IP!

    I read the DNS doctoring doc of Cisco.
    Am I wrong and where?

    Thank you Alex.

    AM, Dec 9, 2004