DNS and DHCP

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by duck44, Apr 21, 2008.

  1. duck44

    duck44

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I've got a Cisco 800 series (can't remember the exact model) which offers DSL connection to a few systems.

    I have enabled DHCP and DNS. Unfortunately, the Cisco doesn't seem to be working as a DNS server (or forwarder to be specific).

    For some reason, when my systems are set to use DHCP, they receive the proper information (IP address leasing, DNS, gateway IP, etc) but the DNS doesn't seen to work, none of the systems can resolve anything.

    So i had to go and to manually set a DNS IP provided by my ISP manually on all my systems.

    So the question is, even though DNS is enabled on the Cisco, why can't any of my systems access it?

    For example, on a linux box:

    Obviously, the cisco doesn't allow connections for DNS queries.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    PS:
    i can access other services on the router, like SSH, web interface, etc

    duck44, Apr 21, 2008