    Does someone know why???? (there is no %windir%\system64 directory :( )

    Regards,
    Alain

    Alain Bourgeois, Jun 21, 2007

  2. Usually, if you use a standard installer, this is taken care of in a way
    that is not visible to the user. So, 32bit apps install to 'Program Files'
    on a 32 bit system while 'Program Files' is re-directed to 'SysWow64' for
    32bit apps on a 64bit system and remains 'Program Files' for 64bit apps on
    that system. So, each platform's natural bitness is supported in an equal
    manner on both systems and the processsor emulation is treated as the
    special case!

    You have to counter for this if you install things manually - or, by
    script(?).

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 22, 2007

  3. A 32-bit application sees a different view of the filesystem (and registry)
    than a 64-bit application. What appears to be %windir%\system32 for a 32-bit
    application is actually %windir%\SYSWOW64. The real system32 is hidden from
    that 32-bit application and only contains 64-bit applications.

    Additionally, 32-bit applications are installed to \Program Files (x86), not
    \Program Files.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 22, 2007