    DGL-3420 site survey, the 3420 sees the SSID as only at WEP and not WPA.

    Is the DGL-3420 compatible with the 655? Do I have to set up the 655 in
    a certain way to get the 3420 to work with it?

    bjr, Aug 13, 2007

  2. bjr

    Barb Bowman Guest

    1. do you have the latest firmware for the DGL-3420
    http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DGL-3420

    2. is the 655 configured for mixed WPA2/WPA?

    3. is the 3420 configured for 802.11g (not turbo) and is the 655 set
    for 802.11n/g mixed?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Aug 13, 2007

  3. bjr

    bjr Guest

    bjr, Aug 14, 2007
  4. bjr

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Aug 14, 2007
  5. bjr

    bjr Guest

    D-Link responded to my tech email I sent them on this issue.
    They suggested I try mixed mode 802.11 b and g.
    This mode allowed the 3420 to work (but NOT at the 802.11 n and g mode).
    Note that the Belkin USB F5D7050 and the DWA-652 (not surprising since
    it pairs with the 655) worked at the mixed 802.11 g and n setting.

    bjr, Aug 14, 2007
  6. bjr

    Barb Bowman Guest

    that would be a bug -- did they acknowledge it as such?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Aug 14, 2007
  7. bjr

    bjr Guest

    No acknowledgment as a bug.

    Here is the message they sent to me-

    BJ,
    Try the following steps to resolve your issue.

    Access the web configuration of the DIR-655.

    -Go to Wireless> Manual Wireless Network Setup Wizard
    *Select 802.11 mode as Mixed 802.11b and 802.11g mode

    -Save Settings.

    Do revert back to us if the issue still persist.

    Should you require further assistance with your D-Link products, please

    bjr, Aug 14, 2007
  8. bjr

    Barb Bowman Guest

    i'll talk to them :)