    Any help appreciated.

    Regards
    Steve.

    Steve Webb, Jul 29, 2004

  2. Steve Webb

    Unk Guest

    Same router, no problem accessing that site.
    Check your HOSTS (no extension) file.

    Check your security settings. Internet Options, Security Tab, Internet Zone,
    Custom Level Button, Medium setting.

    Unk, Jul 29, 2004

  3. Steve Webb

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Steve, Unk didn't provide the location for the HOSTS file - merely an
    oversight, I'm sure ;)

    in XP, it's at C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS

    Open it with Notepad or Wordpad. If you don't know what you need in the
    HOSTS file, just ask...

    Toolman Tim, Jul 30, 2004
  4. Steve Webb

    Unk Guest

    I didn't provide it because he didn't state his OS. I figured if he was able
    to type in a url, he could do a search for the file. However, since you
    provided the WinXP location, here's the Win9x location:
    C:\Windows
    <grin>

    Unk, Jul 30, 2004
  5. Steve Webb

    Steve Webb Guest

    I'm on Win XP Home.

    The host file contains :

    127.0.0.1 localhost
    12.129.205.209 search.netscape.com
    12.129.205.209 sitefinder.verisign.com

    Have reset all the security zones etc in explorer.
    Still nothing.

    Why would i be able to access www.dlink.com without problems but not
    www.dlink.co.uk.

    I did have zone alarm installed but i have uninstalled that.

    Steve Webb, Jul 30, 2004