    I've been told that both can be chipped for DivX capabilities.
    If so, which gives the better reproduction ?

    Bb

    Bb, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Bb

    XPD Guest

    Xbox wouldnt really need to be chipped as such since it is just a PC :)
    So as much as I like the PS2 Id have to say the Xbox would be the way to
    go...

    XPD, Dec 22, 2003

  3. Bb

    cowboyz Guest

    Xbox needs to be chipped even though it is just a PC
    So as much as I hate the PS2 Id have to say the Xbox would be the way to
    go...

    cowboyz, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Bb

    Goh Guest

    Did my XBox but havent' seen a PS2 play DivX yet. I would imagine it
    will play as well as your DivX resolution, i.e. higher your frame
    size, better the playback. It plays OK on mine and I've got it set to
    a size that will fit on a 700MB CDR.
    How 'true' does the reproduction need to be?

    Goh, Dec 22, 2003
  5. Bb

    Tim Guest

    There is an addon you get for the PS2 that lets it play DivX over a
    network. I don't think it needs to be chipped to use either.

    Tim, Dec 23, 2003
  6. Bb

    Lebowski Guest

    There's a team based in the United States called BroadQ who make a product
    which enables you to play DivX movies on your Playstation 2. Here is a link:

    http://www.divxnetworks.com/press/pr_detail.php?pr_id=33

    It's called the Q-Cast Tuner, or something like that.

    Lebowski, Dec 23, 2003