    Cool, now I'll leave you alone and stop posting everywhere at once. Thanks
    for all the advice I've already picked up from you all, and good luck.

    -dev...

    Dev Lunsford, Sep 8, 2003

  2. Dev Lunsford

    SteveC Guest

    I don't understand your logic - 2003Server/XP qualification will last
    longer.? The 2000 cert lasts forever, as does 2003. It's true to say, that
    2000 may become less widely deployed, but I think corporations will still be
    using it for many years to come, as they are NT. It might even be that many
    corporations don't bother upgrading to 2003, and when that is superceded -
    it won't have achieved as wide a deployment as 2000.

    Personally, I would do the 2000 exams, you can always upgrade later.

    Steve.

    SteveC, Sep 8, 2003

  3. Dev Lunsford

    Dev Lunsford Guest

    I don't understand your logic - 2003Server/XP qualification will last
    But if I get the 2000 cert, I'll have to upgrade it a lot sooner, right?
    That's what I meant.
    corporations will still > be using it for many years to come, as they are
    NT. It might even be that many
    Exactly what's causing me to hold to the 2000 track - I think that 2000
    would be more useful right now, for actually knowing the stuff that I'll be
    using on a day to day basis, but if the 2000 exams get phased out and I have
    to update, say before I've even got the MCSA, I feel like I'll have wasted
    time and money when I could just have taken the newer exams.
    OK. Thanks for your advice.

    Dev Lunsford, Sep 9, 2003
  4. Dev Lunsford

    SteveC Guest

    I hear what you're saying, but as far as I know, Microsoft has no plans to
    retire the 2000 exams yet. I imagine you have a good couple of years to
    achieve your MCSA/MCSE. If that isn't long enough, and I know it isn't for
    some people due to other commitments, then maybe you could do your 2003
    instead. But, my advice would still be to do the 2000.

    Cheers, Steve.

    SteveC, Sep 9, 2003
  5. Dev Lunsford

    Maestro Guest

    The logical thing to do would be to get certified on W2K.
    Because Microsoft has released W2K3 does not mean that the
    industry is going to go that direction. NT4 is a prime
    example, there have been two new releases and NT4 still
    has a strong standing in the industry. Even if there is a
    requirement/desire to upgrade later it only takes two test
    to upgrade at which time you will be certified on two
    platforms. This not only looks more impressive on your
    resume, but it also shows potential employers that you're
    actively keeping up with the latest technology.
    Ultimately you should go that route that is going to offer
    the best return for you. Is your company running W2K, but
    planning to upgrade to W2K3? How will your skillset
    affect productivity/profits?

    Maestro, Sep 9, 2003
  6. Dev Lunsford

    SteveC Guest

    Which is more or less what I said.....

    SteveC, Sep 10, 2003
  7. Dev Lunsford

    Dev Lunsford Guest

    Which is more or less what I said.....
    To me, if 2 people agree, I know it's not just some kook with some funny
    ideas. That might sound rough, but you never know ;-) . This way, I'm
    happier that I'm getting good advice.

    Thanks to all
    -dev...

    Dev Lunsford, Sep 11, 2003