    If not, do you know of a digital camera that will allow me to do this?

    Thanks
    Pat

    komobu, Sep 29, 2006

  2. Just about all digital cameras will do this. Not knowing the Sony software I
    can't help, you but if you play around with the menus for time and date I am
    sure you will find the option.

    Dennis Pogson, Sep 29, 2006

  3. A quick look at the manual off the Sony web site would seem to indicate
    this is not a feature of this camera. Sorry, I can't recommend a camera
    that does this, as this is a feature I don't look for.

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Sep 30, 2006
  4. Pat-

    The last camera I had that would imprint the date on photos, was a Kodak
    DC-260. I understand some newer Kodaks will do that.

    Cameras of other brands have limited date printing to the "Digital Print
    Order Format" method of printing. When you set up the DPOF to print
    photos, date imprint is an option. Of course it requires a printer or
    print service that uses DPOF.

    Look through your camera's manual for DPOF to see if it will do what you want.

    Fred

    Fred McKenzie, Sep 30, 2006
  5. komobu

    komobu Guest

    Eureka!!! I have found it!!

    I have found a very good product called Visual Photo Time Stamp or
    VPTS. It is also very inexpensive. It only cost me $9.50 to register.
    Their website is http://dts8888.com. It will add the date to any photo.
    It will also add the time if you want that too. It is very easy to use.
    I literally installed the app and placed the date on 200 photos all in
    less than 5 minutes! I had never heard of, seen, or used the program
    before. Basically it is used like this:
    Install and run the program
    Click the Add Button
    Select the directory where the photos are
    put the date in the format you want
    Selected where you want the date positioned (Bottom Right for example)
    Select the format, size and color of the date (The default setting is
    fine)
    Select a directory to put the modified jpg files
    Click Stamp

    Thats all there is to it! Each photo will be modified and placed in a
    new directory. This way the original files are still intact.

    I was really surprised at the ease of the program. I would encourage
    anyone to check it out that has a need for this. It makes such a
    difference to see family photos of the kids and see the date they were
    taken.

    Pat

    komobu, Oct 1, 2006
  6. komobu

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Fred,

    Check the menu of the camera you have. That is where you will find the
    option that you should be able to turn on or off.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Oct 12, 2006