Display two active full size tabs on a browser

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Damos, Jun 7, 2008.

  1. Damos

    Damos Guest

    Currently I run Opera 9.27 which does nearly everything I want.
    Like the multitab (now available with all the browsers) and the mouse
    gestures.

    My question is this. I have a widescreen (Dell 24") and want to know
    if it is possible to to have two active tabs next to each other so that I
    can see
    two full pages at once. (With several other tabs in background.) I know I
    can use cascading
    to show all the tabs at once but I only want to show 2 at anyone time.

    I imagine that IE7 or FF will allow be to do this with relevant plugins
    but would like direction
    rather than spending hours working through options.

    Thanks in advance.

    D.

    --
    "It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's generation
    or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our

    Carl Sagan.

    Damos, Jun 7, 2008

  2. You don't need to work through options. Start one Opera
    browser. Click on a link that you want to see in the other
    browser with the right mouse button and chose the option
    'open in a new window'. You now have two browsers active that
    you can look at side by side. You can even have several tabs in
    each browser, should you be so inclined.

    h.t.h. -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Jun 7, 2008

  3. Damos

    Damos Guest

    Thanks the solution you and another poster of having two separate windows
    is one I was aware of
    where I could also use winsplit to force each window to have half the
    widescreen acrage,
    but I was wondering if it was possible to have one window of opera (or FF
    or IE) running but
    have two active open tab running next to each other. Hopefully this would
    been I would load Opera
    (or FF or IE) once and have it default straight to the view I want
    without having to resize etc.

    Thanks

    Damos

    Damos, Jun 8, 2008
  4. Damos

    Damos Guest

    Thanks I will have a play with this. Will have to download FF first.

    D.

    Damos, Jun 8, 2008
  5. Damos

    Damos Guest

    Had a play with that button. Its splits the current tab into two copies
    of the same tab rather than two different tabs.
    Thanks for finding it though ;-)

    D.

    Damos, Jun 8, 2008