    there a VBScript or a Registry fix that will let me access the Desktop tab
    under the user's account?

    TIA

    Tim G., Sep 8, 2006

  2. Tim G.

    JANA Guest

    See if changing his user status to a super user, and see if this allows him
    to delete the wallpaper. This may be the easiest way.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    I am a system admin dealing with an end user who has somehow set his
    Desktop wallpaper to an image he was looking at on the Internet. He wants
    his wallpaper set back to 'None'.

    When the user accesses Display Properties (desk.cpl) under his Windows/AD
    account, he does not have the Desktop tab

    I have that tab in Display Properties if I do a 'Run As' with my admin
    account, but it affects the wallpaper only for my account.

    I currently cannot get any permissions changed for this user's account. Is

    JANA, Sep 8, 2006

  3. Tim G.

    PeeCee Guest

    Try this fix