    trialware, or has anyone else successfully defragged the MFT with the
    trialware?

    /

    gigajosh, Oct 10, 2003

  2. gigajosh

    gigajosh Guest

    Yes!

    gigajosh, Oct 10, 2003

  3. gigajosh

    Brian H¹© Guest

    gigajosh said:
    Have you actually ticked the box and clicked on set?

    Brian H¹©, Oct 10, 2003
  4. gigajosh

    gigajosh Guest

    Maybe I should also mention that it tells me during the boot-time defrag that
    it's starting defrag of the MFT, then milliseconds later it's moving on,
    telling me it didn't move jack shit ... although the thing's got 3062
    fragments, which by the way, it considers as Critical in the analysis... as
    you can imagine.

    gigajosh, Oct 10, 2003
  5. gigajosh

    Brian H¹© Guest

    gigajosh said:
    I haven't trialed ver 8, so as a guess, I would say it *is* either a restriction
    for the trial version, *or* you may need to access the exe and give yourself
    full access permission(s)/ownership.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 10, 2003
  6. gigajosh

    Brian H¹© Guest

    gigajosh said:
    Have you run a "normal" defrag before going for a boot-time?
    Also, you might like to tick the boxes for Directory Consolidation and Chkdsk, I
    would also suggest you go for the Reduce Paging File fragments too.
    Therefore, the first 4 boxes (I'm looking at ver 7)

    Brian H¹©, Oct 10, 2003
  7. gigajosh

    gigajosh Guest

    OK, I'll just pop into the exe then and give myself some access ! ;o)).....

    ....would if i could

    gigajosh, Oct 10, 2003
  8. gigajosh

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Make that the msc file ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Oct 10, 2003
  9. gigajosh

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Oct 10, 2003
  10. gigajosh

    Josh Downes Guest

    Mike & Brian,

    Thanks for you responses. Turns out the Diskeeper 8 trial version does
    defrag the MFT... cos it just did. I guess it didn't have the space before.
    Sorry :eek:|

    --
    De informatie in deze e-mail (inclusief bijlagen) is vertrouwelijk en
    uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde.

    The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the
    person to whom it is addressed. Should
    you receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the contents
    herein and notify the sender immediately
    by return e-mail and then delete the message from your computer. NV Casema
    cannot be held responsible or
    liable in any way whatsoever for and/or in connection with any consequences
    and/or damage resulting from the
    dispatch and receipt of this e-mail and the content of this e-mail. Casema
    takes no responsibility for any computer
    virus that might be transferred by way of this email.

    Josh Downes, Oct 10, 2003
  11. gigajosh

    Brian H¹© Guest

    No problem, at least you got there in the end.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 10, 2003