    back on the computer?

    Thanks for any help..

    WW

    WeeWilly, Sep 27, 2005

  2. WeeWilly

    cygnian Guest

    You should save your downloads, so that you can re-install them instead
    of having to download them again (unless you have blazing download
    speeds). As for diskeeper, I think the only advantage to the full paid
    version is the "set and forget" feature, which defrags while you work.
    I like the lite version myself, except once in a while it pops up and
    trys to tell me I need to run it. But it's great, and I wouldn't buy
    the full version myself.

    cygnian, Sep 27, 2005

  3. WeeWilly

    Quean Guest

    XP huh? try a system restore...

    Quean, Sep 27, 2005
  4. WeeWilly

    WeeWilly Guest

    Thank you for that suggestion..

    If I do a system restore.. do I lose all the data and programs I've added
    since that chosen restore date?

    Bill

    WeeWilly, Sep 27, 2005
  5. WeeWilly

    WeeWilly Guest

    Thanks for the help..

    If I do a system restore.. will that kill any data and program additions
    I've made after the chosen restore date?

    Thanks again, Bill

    WeeWilly, Sep 27, 2005
  6. WeeWilly

    Mellowed Guest

    I think so. But, it is probably the only way you will be able to
    recover Diskeeper Lite. As far as I can tell Diskeeper Lite is no
    longer offered.

    : Thanks for the help..
    :
    : If I do a system restore.. will that kill any data and program
    additions
    : I've made after the chosen restore date?
    :
    : Thanks again, Bill
    :
    :
    : : > XP huh? try a system restore...
    : >
    : >>start >all programs >accessories >system tools... viola _\\\\ system
    : >>restore////_
    : >
    : >
    : > : >>I wanted to try the full Diskeeper on my XP. It was a few week
    trial.
    : >>Didn't see any added value (for me) over the Lite version. However,
    when
    : >>I installed the full version.. it boinked my Lite version.
    : >>
    : >> Is there a way to recover, or get another copy of the Lite version
    to put
    : >> back on the computer?
    : >>
    : >> Thanks for any help..
    : >>
    : >> WW
    : >>
    : >
    : >
    :
    :

    Mellowed, Sep 28, 2005
  7. WeeWilly

    Chris Guest

    You will lose any programs installed after that restore point, but your
    application data will be intact. Regardless, System Restores can be
    dangerous and muck up your system. I'd only use it as a last resort,
    and not only to restore the Diskeeper Lite program.

    Chris, Sep 28, 2005
  8. WeeWilly

    olfart Guest

    Google for it...there are still plenty of download sites

    olfart, Sep 28, 2005
  9. WeeWilly

    Parko Guest

    Yeah, well I find that Buzzsaw works quite well on my
    WinXP-shoot-up-the-aliens/Nazis box
    http://www.dirms.com/home/homepage.asp

    Parko, Sep 28, 2005