    My virusscanner is tuned of for scanning in the a-drive.
    Also the i marked off in system.

    Thanks Hans

    Hans, Dec 25, 2004

  2. Hans

    Jerry G. Guest

    Your question does not seem to make sense. If you start any software, or
    anything, the drive has to start up! The cache has to be verified to what is
    being loaded.

    If you mean the floppy drive, this can be attributed to many things. It is
    possble that you have some spywares, or adwares in your system that are
    causing the fault. Most of these rogue or undesired programs are poorly
    written, and can cause various faults.

    Jerry G., Dec 25, 2004

  3. Hans

    doS Guest

    any shortcuts in the Windows\Desktop or any folder in the Windows\Start Menu
    structure, that shortcut is probably causing the problem.

    doS, Dec 25, 2004
  4. Hans

    Toolman Tim Guest

    doS, another thing that might cause that would be Microsoft's "Findfast"
    program installed with Office 97. If a user saved a document to a floppy
    disk, when Findfast starts, it will check that floppy drive to see if the
    disk with an Office 97 document on it is in the drive. I usually disable the
    Findfast program.

    Toolman Tim, Dec 25, 2004
  5. Hans

    Richard Guest

    Naturally.
    Windows is checking your system to see what drives you have and if a disk is
    in cdrom, or floppy.
    When you open explorer, it now has something to show you.

    What if you just installed a new drive?
    Windows won't know it's there unless the drive is activated and checked.

    How do you have your bootup sequence checked off?
    Floppy, cd, hard drive?
    That's the normal setup.
    Change it so it boots up from the hard drive first.

    Any extra eggnogg will be donated to me.

    Richard, Dec 25, 2004
  6. Hans

    doS Guest

    correct, merry christmas