Discussion about segregating bandwidth with Cisco 7513, Cisco 3750 and Cisco 3640

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by iskandar, Jun 17, 2006.

  1. iskandar

    iskandar Guest

    Dear group members,

    In the network environment which I maintain, we have a video streaming
    signal piping from my station, to Los Angeles using a direct IPLC line
    of 45 Mbps. Once reach Los Angeles it was pipe to another equipment
    which present the video signal to various recipient.

    Once I tried to have a internet connection by subcribing an E1 line to
    the ISP provider in Los Angeles. I got 32 Public IP and quiet happy
    with the service. In Los Angeles, I have 1 unit of Cisco 7513 with a
    DS3 card. I got another Cisco 7513 in Malaysia with a DS3 card.

    To make the internet connection work, I subscribed an E1 link with the
    local ISP in Los Angeles. I bought a Cisco 3640 with E1 port. I use
    the FE port on Cisco 3640 to tap to the Cisco 7513.

    Over in Malaysia, I bought a cisco 2811 and tapped from a FE port to
    Cisco 7513 FE port. Then I created a tunnel between cisco 3640 and
    cisco 2811. Below is the sketch diagram.

    |----------Los Angeles------------------|
    |---------------Malaysia---------------|

    ISP -----E1------Cisco3640 -----FE-----Cisco7513
    ===T3==Cisco7513------FE----Cisco2811

    <============================================>
    Tunnel

    In this tunnel I put in a public IP and I manage to get internet.

    I got one of my office friend who wants a 256K for his personal
    emailing system. Using the current E1 subcription, I planned to give
    him 1 public IP and tap his computer to a Cisco Catalyst 3750 port and
    rate limit it to 256K.

    The question or challenge for discussion here is can I do tunnelling on
    Cisco 3750.

    What other options that I have to play since I only have Cisco Catalyst
    3750 to play with, I do not intend to buy any more since this is more
    on exploration work. Hard for me to justify to the company since I
    cannot create a busines impact from the exploration work.

    Regards

    Iskandar Hussein
    Malaysia.

    iskandar, Jun 17, 2006

  2. Hi Iskandar,

    You may wish to investigate the Cisco Catalyst 3750 Switch Software
    Configuration Guide.

    Configuring 802.1Q and Layer 2 Protocol Tunneling

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...figuration_guide_chapter09186a00802c1101.html

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory
    http://www.bradreese.com/network-engineer-directory.htm
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680